8-AA Girls

uknow22

The DeKalb co Tiger's Play Sat.Morning In Cannon co In A Playday I Think They Play At 8 ,10,1 2 Games Will Be At Woodbury Grammer And 1 Game Will Be At The High School .The High School Game Is At 10 I Think OK GO TIGER'S!!!!! :popcorneater:  :popcorneater: .

...what? The girls are at Christiana Middle all day Saturday.

Mostly everything I'm reading about the coaching and program seems to be true. We just don't work like you see these state contenders from our district work. Our practices are somewhat of a joke and the coach is too much of a joke around I'm your best friend type. That's a lot of people's opinion.

Another major thing that hurts our girls program that we don't see in the boys program is players leaving before high school.

I can count off the top of my head several great players that went to dekalb schools all the way until they got out of 8th grade and then they moved and went to another high school. It's because ours has had such a terrible reputation for so long. And quite frankly its true. If you don't wanna smoke marijuana or get pregnant it seems like you're just not the cool kid.

As far as academics we are so far behind in that as well. We just now started trying to get some dual enrollment and AP classes going, but compared to most schools it's still laughable. I've heard so many parents at games say they are embarrassed that others have to come see our school and athletic facilities. Once again I can't disagree with them. We are just way behind the times.

Truth sucks, but there it is. People just don't want their kids going here that are serious about their future. I can think of in just the last few years we had two girls that started at gordonsville, one that started at Sparta, one that started for Webb, and that's just off the top of my head in this last two or three years of 8th graders moving up to high school an leaving dekalb.

Can you imagine softball if we could keep them here? We went to state last year. Add them and we have a shot a winning it all.

Mostly everything I'm reading about the coaching and program seems to be true. We just don't work like you see these state contenders from our district work. Our practices are somewhat of a joke and the coach is too much of a joke around I'm your best friend type. That's a lot of people's opinion.

Another major thing that hurts our girls program that we don't see in the boys program is players leaving before high school.

I can count off the top of my head several great players that went to dekalb schools all the way until they got out of 8th grade and then they moved and went to another high school. It's because ours has had such a terrible reputation for so long. And quite frankly its true. If you don't wanna smoke marijuana or get pregnant it seems like you're just not the cool kid.

As far as academics we are so far behind in that as well. We just now started trying to get some dual enrollment and AP classes going, but compared to most schools it's still laughable. I've heard so many parents at games say they are embarrassed that others have to come see our school and athletic facilities. Once again I can't disagree with them. We are just way behind the times.

Truth sucks, but there it is. People just don't want their kids going here that are serious about their future. I can think of in just the last few years we had two girls that started at gordonsville, one that started at Sparta, one that started for Webb, and that's just off the top of my head in this last two or three years of 8th graders moving up to high school an leaving dekalb.

Can you imagine softball if we could keep them here? We went to state last year. Add them and we have a shot a winning it all.

I agree that DeKalb County Basketball hasn't always had the best reputation; however Coach Cope has made such a huge difference at this program.  You say that the girls don't practice hard or work as hard as the others in this district or that the coach is "too best friend like" , but how exactly do you know this? Are you at their practices, do you see what's going on or are you just guessing?  If they weren't working hard or practicing they would still be winning 5 games a year.

Yes there have been girls that have gone to other schools after 8th grade, and yes they probably would have helped the program out.  But the reasons they left DeKalb is not necessarily because of sports and it is definitely not because of Coach Cope. There is more to it then just not wanting to play basketball there. 

DCHS has had dual enrollment and AP classes available for a while now, just because people do not capitalize on the opportunities to take them does not mean that it is the schools fault.  I also think that the academics at DeKalb are much better than other schools in the district, if a student puts in the work that is needed they will learn just as much at DeKalb as they would anywhere else. 

Also the athletic facilities and school?? Besides Upperman and Livingston all of the other gyms and schools are very similar.  If you haven't seen them maybe you should go to a game or two and actually see the schools. 

DCHS may not be the top school in the state or even in the top 10 academically but it is definitely not as bad as you are making it seem.  Successful people have came from DeKalb County and if you are such a tiger pride fan you should know that.  

I agree that DeKalb County Basketball hasn't always had the best reputation; however Coach Cope has made such a huge difference at this program. You say that the girls don't practice hard or work as hard as the others in this district or that the coach is "too best friend like" , but how exactly do you know this? Are you at their practices, do you see what's going on or are you just guessing? If they weren't working hard or practicing they would still be winning 5 games a year.

Yes there have been girls that have gone to other schools after 8th grade, and yes they probably would have helped the program out. But the reasons they left DeKalb is not necessarily because of sports and it is definitely not because of Coach Cope. There is more to it then just not wanting to play basketball there.

DCHS has had dual enrollment and AP classes available for a while now, just because people do not capitalize on the opportunities to take them does not mean that it is the schools fault. I also think that the academics at DeKalb are much better than other schools in the district, if a student puts in the work that is needed they will learn just as much at DeKalb as they would anywhere else.

Also the athletic facilities and school?? Besides Upperman and Livingston all of the other gyms and schools are very similar. If you haven't seen them maybe you should go to a game or two and actually see the schools.

DCHS may not be the top school in the state or even in the top 10 academically but it is definitely not as bad as you are making it seem. Successful people have came from DeKalb County and if you are such a tiger pride fan you should know that.

You're kidding yourself bud. I have been to games for longer than I can remember and been to any school you can name. We are dead last in facilities besides cannon county. Our academics are terrible like it or not. I went to school in dekalb my whole life and yes our school is behind. And yes I do know about the coach an practices. I personally knew most players on the team and they all had the same story. I could go on but I'm not starting that argument online.

You're kidding yourself bud. I have been to games for longer than I can remember and been to any school you can name. We are dead last in facilities besides cannon county. Our academics are terrible like it or not. I went to school in dekalb my whole life and yes our school is behind. And yes I do know about the coach an practices. I personally knew most players on the team and they all had the same story. I could go on but I'm not starting that argument online.

"Besides Cannon County"??? My nephew tells about dressing at your place last year in a broom closet for a varsity game. Explain please, cause apparently all you prefer to do is "start arguements online"...even if it's with your own fan base.

"Besides Cannon County"??? My nephew tells about dressing at your place last year in a broom closet for a varsity game. Explain please, cause apparently all you prefer to do is "start arguements online"...even if it's with your own fan base.

That only proves my point. I believe it. We just keep bein told we are a poor county with no money. Probably true. Oh well, I guess.

Anyway. The cannon comment is because "facilities" include a broad selection. There are other areas such as football where cannon is about the only school in a situation like we are.

We are a 4a school with 1a schools blowing us away with seating. That's ridiculous.