Region Tournament results

tnreb

BHS was beaten. Ugly, ugly game.

It was a game of errors. We just made more than DB.

The team that showed up to play was not the same team from the past few weeks.

We had beaten DB pretty easily in Nashville a couple weeks ago and I think they came in thinking it was in the bag. Probably can count on 2 hands the total number of hits in this match. Extremely frustrating.

I love my team and am proud of how much they improved this season, but would've liked to have seen that team play tonight.

Sad we couldn't have represented Knoxville in our division with 2 teams.Go FHS bring it home to Ktown!

Edited by Knoxdoyles

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KnoxD. You're a class act. I was shocked when I heard Bearden lost. Bearden and Farragut have so many great volleyball players (i know you don't want to hear this but) I wish they had great coaches to go along with the talent. When girls get into slumps you need great coaches for them to look at and they can give them tips on how to improve get out of their slump. Unfortunatley these two coaches can't do that.

Your daughter played awesome the games I saw her in. You should be proud, along with all your parents, of how the girls played in the tournament.

For the seniors, high school volleyball is over. For the underclassman, next season starts tomorrow.

I wonder if the parents will blame themselves for this one? Not bad coaching. There is no instruction on how to get better from the head person on the bench. The girls are left on their own to figure things out. The person that helped the girls the most is playing college volleyball now. I saw that myself and my daughter basically said the same thing.

I've been reading a few of the different topics and comments on here and I must admit that it's been great.  It got me thinking (dangerous..lol).  Does high school care enough about volleyball to ask a coach to step down after 1 bad season?  Do you think it'll be because of the season or because 2 very talented girls chose not to play at Bearden?  Personally, I think that if he decides not to come back it will be because he'll want to watch his daughter compete on the college level. Not because he's being pressured to step down.  I just don't think volleyball is important enough in Knoxville for them to pressure him to step down for any reason.  Plus, i'm not sure it's necessary. I think the team has such good athletes.  I just think he needs to figure out exactly how to get them where they need to be.  With that being said, he really shouldn't have to.  Most of these girls aren't beginners.  They should be better than this.