Video of The Best Backcourt in All Tennessee

quizlo11

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, this site doesn't lack in facts that's for sure.

Take a closer look. One of the kids committing multiple turnovers in that video fr BGA got a full ride to Lipscomb. "Mediocre" competition Haha they also beat Dayton Dunbar last year who had a guard committed to ohio state and is top 100 espn... But whatever

Dang, this site doesn't lack in facts that's for sure.

Take a closer look. One of the kids committing multiple turnovers in that video fr BGA got a full ride to Lipscomb. "Mediocre" competition Haha they also beat Dayton Dunbar last year who had a guard committed to ohio state and is top 100 espn... But whatever

The facts are the twins aren't the best backcourt in the state of Tennessee.  Yes, Lighthouse has a good team, but there are 2 other players on the team that are key contributors as well.  Most people that see anything about Lighthouse automatically write them off because they do not play in TSSAA, fair or not.  

The Nashville Central Christian team had a pretty good team last season.  They beat Ensworth, but the same thing....no one cares because they don't play for anything. 

Lighthouse can probably beat a majority of the teams in the midstate, but CPA, BA, East Nashville  and others would be able to handle them.  I also doubt that Lighthouse could take on White Station or Memphis Hamilton.......not to mention Mitchell in A.  

The facts are the twins aren't the best backcourt in the state of Tennessee.  Yes, Lighthouse has a good team, but there are 2 other players on the team that are key contributors as well.  Most people that see anything about Lighthouse automatically write them off because they do not play in TSSAA, fair or not.  

The Nashville Central Christian team had a pretty good team last season.  They beat Ensworth, but the same thing....no one cares because they don't play for anything. 

Lighthouse can probably beat a majority of the teams in the midstate, but CPA, BA, East Nashville  and others would be able to handle them.  I also doubt that Lighthouse could take on White Station or Memphis Hamilton.......not to mention Mitchell in A.  

"Most people that see anything about Lighthouse automatically write them off because they do not play in TSSAA, fair or not."  --- I completely agree with you and know that's true. It frustrates the fire out of me. People will associate Lighthouse with schools like Lancaster as long as we are not TSSAA; even if we aren't letting athletes into the school for absolutely free like Lancaster does.

I'm fairly familiar with BA (I've spoken with their coach a few times) and they may be able to compete with us, but I feel confident Lighthouse would win that one. I believe their Coach would even agree with me if you asked him.

East Nashville I am simply ignorant about. I can't say anything about that without assuming.

And recently I actually heard Braxton Blackwell admit that CPA vs Lighthouse would be a great game. To be honest, I think it would've been a great/tight game last year. This year I definitely think Lighthouse would win.

Drew Maddux wouldn't admit this in a dark room even if he was all alone, but I honestly think even he knows that is true. He saw Tiger go up against the twins recently in the Fall League, and as good as Tiger is going to be, he wasn't quite ready for the twins yet. 

And I do know this for a fact. CPA was registered for the Marshall County playday. And sometime after Drew Maddux saw that Lighthouse was in the same playday, CPA mysteriously was no longer scheduled to be in the playday. Of course, he would never say this outloud even to even his own wife that it's because Lighthouse was in it, but I believe that was the reason. He has not very much to gain at all in beating us. But a whole lot to lose in being beat by us. So, to his defense, I kind of understand.

"Most people that see anything about Lighthouse automatically write them off because they do not play in TSSAA, fair or not."  --- I completely agree with you and know that's true. It frustrates the fire out of me. People will associate Lighthouse with schools like Lancaster as long as we are not TSSAA; even if we aren't letting athletes into the school for absolutely free like Lancaster does.

I'm fairly familiar with BA (I've spoken with their coach a few times) and they may be able to compete with us, but I feel confident Lighthouse would win that one. I believe their Coach would even agree with me if you asked him.

East Nashville I am simply ignorant about. I can't say anything about that without assuming.

And recently I actually heard Braxton Blackwell admit that CPA vs Lighthouse would be a great game. To be honest, I think it would've been a great/tight game last year. This year I definitely think Lighthouse would win.

Drew Maddux wouldn't admit this in a dark room even if he was all alone, but I honestly think even he knows that is true. He saw Tiger go up against the twins recently in the Fall League, and as good as Tiger is going to be, he wasn't quite ready for the twins yet. 

And I do know this for a fact. CPA was registered for the Marshall County playday. And sometime after Drew Maddux saw that Lighthouse was in the same playday, CPA mysteriously was no longer scheduled to be in the playday. Of course, he would never say this outloud even to even his own wife that it's because Lighthouse was in it, but I believe that was the reason. He has not very much to gain at all in beating us. But a whole lot to lose in being beat by us. So, to his defense, I kind of understand.

Yes, unfortunately Lighthouse is dumped in with schools like Lancaster.  

I don't believe for a second that CPA nor BA are "scared" or think they would lose to Lighthouse, but we all have opinions.  I'm not sure you will find many posters that would agree with any of your statements.  Tyger averaged 26 ppg in the fall league.....and was the leading scorer of the league as an 8th grader.  I think he will be fine.  And if he "wasn't ready for the twins" - that's ok.  He is 4 grades below them.   Out of the top scorers in the fall league.....I think one of them was #26.  

Edited by SmokeStackI

Yes, unfortunately Lighthouse is dumped in with schools like Lancaster.  

I don't believe for a second that CPA nor BA are "scared" or think they would lose to Lighthouse, but we all have opinions.  I'm not sure you will find many posters that would agree with any of your statements.  Tyger averaged 26 ppg in the fall league.....and was the leading scorer of the league as an 8th grader.  I think he will be fine.  And if he "wasn't ready for the twins" - that's ok.  He is 4 grades below them.   Out of the top scorers in the fall league.....I think one of them was #26.  

Yea they aren't some of the best in the state for being leading scorers. They are some of the best out their for the defensive intensity/quickness, overall speed/athleticism, high basketball IQ... lot of other factors than simply scoring points. The video I posted clearly shows they have an extremely talented contested jump shot as well.

And your probably right that most posters would not agree with me, but if CPA or BA was actually playing Lighthouse this year then ya'll would see what I mean... But, unfortunately that aint happening. 95% of the posters who wouldn't agree with me are people who have never watched Lighthouse in person... people who have seen them know what's up. Even some referees last year who had reffed both teams were telling us they wished they could see a Lighthouse/CPA game. "They were bigger then us, but we were quicker then them" (the refs exact words, not mine)... would've been fun to see.

These guys are probably good players but the video is not very good. It just jumps from clip to clip. Best back court in the state? Bold statement. I'll refrain from inflammatory comments.

However, the reference to trevecca loses crediblility since that program has been run into the ground by the present coach. Keep your kids away from that guy.

Who is actively recruiting the players on the team right now?

I can agree with the post more because of the twins basketball IQ and ball hawking defense.  I can't think of two guards in the same backcourt in years in this state that commits to defense like them. Maybe one but not both. Chase Nappier could be that "scorer" if need be, Braxton the floor general, but they are both unselfish kids that just want to win. I can remember when they were 8th and 9th graders playing high school ball, you had some of the same schools that won't put them on the schedule now, go over and run through them pretty good including CPA. I told them these same teams won't play you all when you are seniors.....I was right on that one. Don't think BA or CPA can beat  them this year...IMO...but that's why they play the game. If you got a better duo, hip me to them..I'm going off what I'VE seen throughout the state. Booker at East is a total beast...Batman with Robin(Upton)...right now the twins are BATMAN and BATMAN tho. Just My Opinion .Off topic a little....I'm from Memphis living in Nashville.. can Memphis please get their best teams up here to the glass house in Murfreesboro....not impressed "AT ALL" lately.  With the 2016 class, the mid-state area is closing the gap in a hurry.

I can agree with the post more because of the twins basketball IQ and ball hawking defense.  I can't think of two guards in the same backcourt in years in this state that commits to defense like them. Maybe one but not both. Chase Nappier could be that "scorer" if need be, Braxton the floor general, but they are both unselfish kids that just want to win. I can remember when they were 8th and 9th graders playing high school ball, you had some of the same schools that won't put them on the schedule now, go over and run through them pretty good including CPA. I told them these same teams won't play you all when you are seniors.....I was right on that one. Don't think BA or CPA can beat  them this year...IMO...but that's why they play the game. If you got a better duo, hip me to them..I'm going off what I'VE seen throughout the state. Booker at East is a total beast...Batman with Robin(Upton)...right now the twins are BATMAN and BATMAN tho. Just My Opinion .Off topic a little....I'm from Memphis living in Nashville.. can Memphis please get their best teams up here to the glass house in Murfreesboro....not impressed "AT ALL" lately.  With the 2016 class, the mid-state area is closing the gap in a hurry.

since you are from Memphis, you know that playing the district tournys in memphis is like playing in the SEC.  You got to come play every game and the other team is going to come to play.  The best team in Memphis (and the state) sometimes gets to stay in memphis instead of playing in the glass house...

I hear the same thing every year about these Memphis schools. Give other parts of the state credit too. Its ridiculous. We beat Arlington last year at the state tourney a team who handled supposedly the best team in Memphis White Station last year. Give other parts of the state a little credit too. The bias of you Memphis fans is ridiculous.