District 11AA

Wavotiger10

Looks like Camden will have their hands full shutting Smith down Friday night. The defense will be tested to hold Waverly under 60 points. Nothing I would rather see than a close game or even an upset. It's early in the year and I am already tired of hearing how good Waverly is this year. My bet is not good enough to play in Mufreesboro for the gold ball this spring.

Aww look Mr. I know more about "high sports"is trying to troll off someone elses coherent statement  again...

I am a Camden fan expressing my unbiased  opinion. As a rule Camden and Waverly root against each other in district play unless it benefits us other wise. That doesn't make us blind or stupid in our honest opinions of each other.That's not the case with you.

A self professed  Redhawks fan who also  claims   you are an Alcoa fan while  "trying" to look smart and troll and  failing miserably at both

:rolleyes:

If your such a great wealth of basketball knowledge why don't you enlighten all of us and explain to us how bad Waverly would beat CPA. If your a Camden fan why don't you stick to your team and quit kissing up to the other teams that are in your mind awesome.

Looks like Camden will have their hands full shutting Smith down Friday night. The defense will be tested to hold Waverly under 60 points. Nothing I would rather see than a close game or even an upset. It's early in the year and I am already tired of hearing how good Waverly is this year. My bet is not good enough to play in Mufreesboro for the gold ball this spring.

Since you have seen Waverly play, how would you defense them with Creekwood's team?  Also will you be at the game Tuesday?   

Edited by YankeeBlood42

Since you have seen Waverly play, how would you defense them with Creekwood's team?  Also will you be at the game Tuesday?   

It will be a good matchup. Waverly's guards probably have an advantage but I see Creekwood having the advantage on the inside especially the boards. Waverly's new big has a tendancy to foul and that would be bad for Waverly if he can't stay on the floor. Randolph won't be able to rebound against two bigs from Creekwood by himself. I see a close game with the difference coming at the foul line and rebounding.

It will be a good matchup. Waverly's guards probably have an advantage but I see Creekwood having the advantage on the inside especially the boards. Waverly's new big has a tendancy to foul and that would be bad for Waverly if he can't stay on the floor. Randolph won't be able to rebound against two bigs from Creekwood by himself. I see a close game with the difference coming at the foul line and rebounding.

Get at em yankeeblood42. Edited by volaholic15

That is a breakdown of how the teams matchup WavoH8ter.  I have seen them play an know how they match up, know that Edmondson (my favorite player in the district outside of Waverly) is back.  I asked how you would  shut Waverly down.  Would you man up with them, zone, play 40 minutes of heck defense, what type of offense would you run,..  Just picking your brain, not looking for locker room material, not looking to knock any players or coaches.  Let's talk basketball.

Edited by YankeeBlood42

That is a breakdown of how the teams matchup WavoH8ter.  I have seen them play an know how they match up, know that Edmondson (my favorite player in the district outside of Waverly) is back.  I asked how you would  shut Waverly down.  Would you man up with them, zone, play 40 minutes of heck defense, what type of offense would you run,..  Just picking your brain, not looking for locker room material, not looking to knock any players or coaches.  Let's talk basketball.

I'm not knocking any players just giving tendancies. I would play man on defense and make sure I had help on the dribble drive. Offensively I would slow it down and try to frustrate them by not allowing them to run. Might even try a little 1-3-1 zone

I'm not knocking any players just giving tendancies. I would play man on defense and make sure I had help on the dribble drive. Offensively I would slow it down and try to frustrate them by not allowing them to run. Might even try a little 1-3-1 zone

Man defense would be a buffet for Smith and Dell.  Have not seen anyone guard them straight up in our district.  Both are smart enough to hit the open man when the help comes.   You say 1-3-1 zone, Waverly has enough 3 point shooters to bust that with some corner 3s or get Randolph in the post on a guard through a few screens.  If you slow it down, personally I would force the tempo down your throat with 1-3-1 or 2-2-1 full court pressure.  

I like your thinking though.  Keep playing chess with me. 

Man defense would be a buffet for Smith and Dell.  Have not seen anyone guard them straight up in our district.  Both are smart enough to hit the open man when the help comes.   You say 1-3-1 zone, Waverly has enough 3 point shooters to bust that with some corner 3s or get Randolph in the post on a guard through a few screens.  If you slow it down, personally I would force the tempo down your throat with 1-3-1 or 2-2-1 full court pressure.  

I like your thinking though.  Keep playing chess with me. 

A 2-3 zone will leave them way to many open shots from the perimeter unless you are very athletic and long. I think it would be hard to get in a running game with them, you will have to control the tempo. They can shoot you out of most any zone but the 1-3-1 can limit the looks from up top or on the wings and force them to come from the corners. Creekwood has the size to match up man to man they will just have to rotate and help on the penetrations.