AA Sectional results

knightsfan

Who do y'all think will win and to post scores when known.

(Home team listed first)

Sullivan South vs. Knoxville Catholic

CAK vs. Sullivan North

Red Bank vs. Macon County

Signal Mtn. vs. Hixson

Harpeth vs. CPA

Page vs. Hume-Fogg

Dyersburg vs. Liberty

Covington vs. Jackson South Side

So who do y'all got? I personally think the two best games will be Sullivan South vs. Knox, and Page vs. Hume-Fogg, but that is just my opinion.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, based on what I have heard from reliable sources and from what I have seen through tournaments and matches, the two teams I would choose to be in the final, at the moment, would be Signal and Harpeth(but inexperience could definitely come into play). I have seen CAK, Sullivan South, Hume-Fogg, Page, Knoxville Catholic, Harpeth, and Dyersburg. (Now I only saw CAK, Sullivan South, and knox catholic at tournaments throughout the year, so they could be playing better currently)

It wouldn't shock me if Sullivan South/Knox Catholic winner, Hume-Fogg/Page winner, or CAK met Signal in final instead of Harpeth, because I can see them all go either way. This is just an opinion, so I definitely could be wrong, but I don't think it is just a 2 or 3 team competition like last year. I think 4 or 5 different teams have a good chance to win it, just depends on who comes to play.

Edited by knightsfan

outside of the 6"6 girl, who else does CAK have, cause when I saw her last year and this year, I wasn't really impressed. Don't get me wrong she is good, but height isn't everything. Plus  CAK gets so much hype. They are one of the best AA teams in the state, but how is the rest of the team outside of the big girl? 

Regional winners (home teams) win 80-90% of these matchups for good reasons.  So, without seeing any of these teams I can easily pick at least 7 out of 8 sectional winners.

Let's go with Jackson South Side as the only road team to win AA sectionals.  Sounds like Knox Catholic has a good shot, too, but can't pick against the defending AA state champs to exit this early.