State Championships

ds4life

Playing at Siegel Middle today was ridiculous. Backboards in the way and the low ceiling affected at least 5-6 points per match. It's a shame that Div. II got thrown in that gym. TSSAA is supposed to treat Div. I & II equally. These girls have worked their guts out to get to this point of the season and they are rewarded by playing in a middle school gym. $5.00 to park and $8.00 admission, just doesn't have the same feel for these girls.

Despite the failings of the TSSAA, there is some great volleyball being played there.

TSSAA's handling of the state tournament is at an all-time low. I remember when it was held exclusively at MTSU with assistance from Siegel and Blackman. These teams deserve to play in facilities with a high ceiling and generous open areas.

They used to tell us that volleyball lost money for the home office every year... Many moons ago, hospitality for those working degraded down to ham sandwiches in a bag that someone made. Literally.

If MTSU can't handle it, why not utilize another college in the Nashville area with good facilities? Last I checked, Lipscomb and Belmont had OUTSTANDING facilities to play and watch volleyball. And if they weren't available.... why not A-Game on a full basketball court, instead of a normal volleyball court there?

Where is the concern for the student-athlete's experience?

You would not see basketball or king football downgraded to a middle school facility.

Edited by TheGreatLineJudge

A game wouldn't have the seating.   I think Sigel's venue is nice enough, it just isn't fair for the other teams--as well as Siegel, for them to host.  i know everyone comes down on Siegel about this, however they would prefer not to host.  it is very diffucult on the parents and the kids feel even more pressure and distractions.  The pressure on them to perform at home is stupid and the disadvantage the other teams have is also ridiculous.  It is awful and a no win situation.

• Upvote 1