Predictions for 2014 State Tournaments

Mamawvolley

I hope you are right Fly.   The Siegel Brentowood game will be great hopefully.  The farragut --loser game will be also great.  Would love to see Farragut get another chance at Brentwood. 

I was wondering if the brentwood folks think this might be one of the best brentwood teams ever?  only losing one game is crazy, especially with the tournaments that they play in.  I know they have to win the state to be considered one of the best ever--which they havne't done yet.  I have seen just about every brentwood team for the last 16-17 years and there have been some incredible teams.  This appears to be the best Faragut and Siegel teams ever too.   

Not sure what the games are like in the other classes but AA has some dogfights going on. No real pushovers in this class. Catholic and CAK are gearing up for their rematch in the winners bracket. Im sure that will be a battle. Signal, Dyersburg and Page all playing well. Nobody laying down in AA. Its anybody's Championship. Nobody is separating themselves

Funny that is shows on the Goodpasture Volleyball page that Summertown split two games with Goodpasture on 8-16-14 with Summertown winning 25-23 in game one and Goodpasture winning 25-17 in game two. Goodpasture took both JV games on the same day.

Dont count out the blue and white.

I'd love to see where you found this at, I can't seem to?

Farragut wouldnt win state with the best coach in the state.  They don't have the talent top to bottom that the best teams in the state do. Brentwood, Ravenwood, Siegel etc just have more talent.   Still not sure why they never come to middle tennessee. They typically come to the state and get hammered, i think many times because they have been playing poor competition for most of the year.  11 AAA top four is typically better than the half of the teams that qualify for the state.

THIS is why you don't have parents and coaches get on these boards and talk trash that their team cannot back up. I have, and I doubt anyone else has, ever considered Seigal to be an elite team. In fairness, the same could be said about Farragut. This was a break thru year, and it may be the push they need to BECOME an elite team.

Clifford, there is zero excuse for an adult to say that these girls don't have the talent of these other teams when all season the top two teams in ALL classifications has been the two who are in the state finals.

On that line, some years the most talented team is an AA team or a private. Not this year, but some years. Sir, you didn't represent your girls, who played great, very well at all. And no disrespect, we don't have to travel to middle TN to be challenged. CAK, Catholic, Sullivan South, Bearden, Anderson County , Dobbins Bennett, and Webb are great volleyball schools. 10 years ago your statement may be half true, but not today, in what might be an East Tenn sweep.

Great job to all of the East Tenn teams!

Looking at Class A, kind of interesting that the youngest team in the draw is still alive. They also beat Goodpasture earlier this year in a tournament and played them fairly well yesterday. Dont count out the blue and white of Summertown just yet. These girls dont seem to be intimidated at all.

Your exact words were that they beat Goodpasture this year. Winning a game is not beating anyone. They split two games. No winner there unless it is a moral victory for you.

K2, I completely agree.  It was out of line to even suggest that.  I am so happy for Farragut.  This is a big deal for Knoxville AAA volleyball.  I was basing my opinion on their struggles in the past and it was wrong.  I would love to have seen them play.   I also agree that Siegel isn't an elite program.   Not sure what consituites elite. The school is 12 years old and they have been to the state 8 times.  But they have never had the talent to win.  Brentwood is clearly elite, is there anyone else?  Ravenwood was for about 6 years.