5A Playoffs After Week 8

mjuhb

Just looked on the website, http://football.tssaa.org/reports/maps.cfm, and if the Geography is "as a bird flies" and DW does not get seeding priority in their natural quad as some on here say than Knox West stays in quad 1 and Clinton gets moved to quad 2 so it would look like this:

Quad 1 

1 South Doyle 8-0

2 Anderson Co 7-1

3 Knox West

4 Campbell Co 6-2

5 Tennessee 5-3

6 Morristown West 5-3

7 Crockett 5-3

8 Gibbs 4-4

Gibbs at South-Doyle

Crockett at AC

Morristown West at Knox West

Tennessee at Campbell Co.

2nd round would probably be West @ AC and CC at SD and 3rd round I would guess would be West at SD

Quad 2

1 Rhea Co 8-0

2 Oak Ridge 8-0

3 Ooltewah 8-0

4 Cleveland 5-3

5 Clinton

6 Stone 5-4

7 Soddy Daisy 4-4

8 Knox Central 4-4

Central at Rhea Co

Soddy at OR

Stone at Ooltewah

Clinton at Cleveland

2nd round I would think would be Cleveland at Rhea Co, Ooltewah at OR, 3rd round would be OR at Rhea

I think this sets up a semi final matchup of West at Oak Ridge

According to the TSSAA rules, teams are placed in their Quads by geography and then seeded. Therefore West will probably stay in Quad 1 and at least Oak Ridge and Clinton will move to Quad 2.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like either way Gallatin could be facing a rematch with either Springfield if Lawrence Co gets moved into quad 3 or if they don't Gallatin will catch Beech.

Think that's what will happen. We played lc early in yr. I think there backs have started forever. There defense is solid there offense is one sided but good at wht they do. Special teams play killed us. They so a great job in those areas. They could very well be a sleeper this yr. since my gc cats are down may follow them. Y'all run a class program at gallatin lots of good history.

Think that's what will happen. We played lc early in yr. I think there backs have started forever. There defense is solid there offense is one sided but good at wht they do. Special teams play killed us. They so a great job in those areas. They could very well be a sleeper this yr. since my gc cats are down may follow them. Y'all run a class program at gallatin lots of good history.

Thanks, Gallatin is real proud of their football team and what they have accomplished over the years. We saw Lawrence Co last year and they had some good running backs then. They ran north/south but I think they had a few injuries at that time. Looking at the scores they must be even better than last year.

Thanks, Gallatin is real proud of their football team and what they have accomplished over the years. We saw Lawrence Co last year and they had some good running backs then. They ran north/south but I think they had a few injuries at that time. Looking at the scores they must be even better than last year.

Hillsboro, Henry County, Lawrence County all region champs in quad 3. Then Springfield, Shelbyville and Beech as Runners up in their districts is they seed the runner ups by record then it will fall like this For quad 3

1)Hillsboro

2)Henry County

3)Lawrence County

4)Springfield

5)Shelbyville

6)Beech

7)Gallatin

8)Clarksville

8)Clarksville at 1)Hillsboro

6)Beech at 3)Lawrence 

5)shelbyville at 4)springfield

7)Gallatin at 2) Henry County

Edited by werazzlin

Hillsboro, Henry County, Lawrence County all region champs in quad 3. Then Springfield, Shelbyville and Beech as Runners up in their districts is they seed the runner ups by record then it will fall like this For quad 3

1)Hillsboro

2)Henry County

3)Lawrence County

4)Springfield

5)Shelbyville

6)Beech

7)Gallatin

8)Clarksville

6)Beech at 3)Lawrence 

I really hope it turns out this way, but with a surplus of teams qualifying from the East it is likely to kick Henry County, and either LC or Clarksville to Quad 4.

1)Hillsboro

2)Henry County

3)Lawrence County

4)Springfield

5)Shelbyville

6)Beech

7)Gallatin

8)Clarksville

6)Beech at 3)Lawrence

I think Shelbyville will win their region and I don't see Henry Co in quad 3.

U may be right we have seen both teams. Shelby is very explosive on offense. Lc defense is better then Shelby's and if lc gets down by more then two scores they are not made to come back like a spread team. There fore I think Shelby will win district. But it will be a battle in couple if weeks.

U may be right we have seen both teams. Shelby is very explosive on offense. Lc defense is better then Shelby's and if lc gets down by more then two scores they are not made to come back like a spread team. There fore I think Shelby will win district. But it will be a battle in couple if weeks.

all that will do is swap 3 and 5 in my prediction

1)Hillsboro

2)Henry County

3)Lawrence County

4)Springfield

5)Shelbyville

6)Beech

7)Gallatin

8)Clarksville

6)Beech at 3)Lawrence

I believe Henry County and Clarksville end up going to four.

Oak Ridge is clicking on all cylinders and just keep rolling they are taking care of teams like fulton is, and they are playing the same skill level i dont care who you play a shutout is a tough thing to come by and even if you use same opponents West only put 36 on Karns who's allowed over 300 points on them. 

Id also like to point out that oak ridge played Maryville pretty competitively in their FIRST scrimmage of the season. 

Oak Ridge is hot right now. Dont think West is just a steam roller because Oak Ridge would love to be the one to shock all of you...

West beat Karns 39-0 and that was the halftime score...OR played a much different Karns team by the way that has since lost 4-5 starters to injury and one kicked off the team. 

Also West fumbled twice going into the endzone or the halftime score would have been 53-0.

What was OR vs Karns final?