2014 Mr. Football Balloting/Recommendations

CoachT

One of smallest schools has a bigtime running back gaining massive stats. Stevonski Wilkes for Lake County needs consideration. Don't have stats but I think its several hundred yards in quit a few games, setting records over there. Just because they're small numbered in a "small market" shouldn't be a reason to overlook him. Guy is freakishly good (we played them in preseason scrimmage, might play them in playoffs too!). I Hope I spelled his name right.

Thanks Hevy,

Wilkes has 1922 on 166 carries and 22TD'S through nine games. His he the best, I am not sure. I do know that he is really good.

This kid is a player. You guys have a good rushing attack. I heard about McHone last night, hate to hear that. Good luck in the playoffs.

Thank you. Clay McHone is an exceptional young man and a great football player. If his past work ethic is an indicator, I have every confidence he will be back next year. He is very determined and resilient. We've made adjustments, and the next man has stepped up. Like many programs in 1A and 2A, players are injured and that definitely impacts your organization. We've been playing Iron Man football all year. Our entire backfield starts both ways, and the majority of our interior line does as well. The young men are excited about making it to the playoffs for the first time in 9 years. They've done what we've asked of them and we are extremely demanding. We are thankful that we have an upcoming bye week and are cautiously optimistic about the next few weeks. 

Not to beat a dead horse but through 9 games, TCA quarterback Kyle Akin is 175/253/6 for 2690 yards and 37 touchdowns while completing 70.4% of his passes.  He has also run for 329 yards and 3 scores giving him 3019 yards of total offense through the first 9 games.  Akin is only 423 yards and 10 touchdowns away from FIRST PLACE ALL TIME in the TSSAA passing yardage and touchdown passing categories.  Akin's current career numbers are 10556 passing yards and 122 touchdown passes thrown.

Akin had 478 yards of total offense (passing and rushing 453/25) against a very good and highly ranked ECS team this past Friday while leading his team to a 35-28 win in the last 4 seconds of the game.  

It's also not like Akin is running up numbers against inferior opponents either.  By the end of the regular season, Akin and his team will have played against 6 teams that will be in this years playoffs and two of this years teams also played for Gold Balls last season as well.  

I've seen the McClendon kid play from the sidelines all year, he is the real deal and is definitely worthy of a Class 2A Mr. Football Back of the Year nomination. Just ask the opposing coaches who they game plan for when they play Forrest and ask the kids that try to tackle him. Either they are in an ice bath the next day or massaging thier hamstrings from trying to catch him from behind.  Here are his current stats:

Rushing 189 carries 1,658 yards 20 touchdowns 1 fumble

Passing 1-1 TD

Recieving 6-132 2 TDs

1 punt return TD

Should set single season school record for rushing yards and touchdowns this week versus Fayetteville.

Also consider Junior Lineman Boone Sweeney for Class 2A Lineman of the Year, the kid is a beast!

And his compatriot, senior Logan Ray deserves consideration as well, a great leader and he knows how to get to the quarterback on defense and is a rock on the offensive line.