Pam Bonee new Catholic coach?

K2ruth

They are referring to Meredith Bonee, the frosh RS at Catholic. She played real well. The article is poorly written and inaccurate with names and stats. Pam Bonee not coaching at Catholic.

The CAK vs Catholic match at the state tourney was one of the best matches to watch in years. As close as it can get. Many thought that was the championship match.

Just heard that Coach Garland is now "officially" gone from Catholic.  Big loss for their program as he did a very good job there as head coach the last two years.  He helped guide the Irish to sub-state twice and the state tournament this year.  Now the question is who will Catholic try to hire as his replacement?  Who is at a level as a coach that can keep the good works going for the future?  Any ideas or applicants out there?

BB, I agree 100 percent! Big Loss.

I am still hearing that the Bearden and CAK jobs may come open. Nothing bad, just that the Bearden coach is working hard to build KVA and his daughter graduated, and the CAK coach wants some family time. Much deserved after a state championship.

The well is not deep, especially if the other two jobs come open.

Coach Williams from LC may be interested in Catholic. A couple of the club coaches may try, but some schools are hesitant to hire non falcuty coaches. Anderson County has four coaches I am sure three of them want head coaching jobs so I would expect at least one will apply.

BB who are you hearing?

Have not heard of anyone yet.  Guess the administration is still too early in the process especially with football still going on.  My guess is not much will happen until that season is over, but I could be wrong.  It will be interesting if all three schools are looking for head coaches with experience.  And even more so since all of those programs have been very competitive in recent years.

K2, the coaches at Anderson County are a part of their history and culture.  Their program is home to them.  I would be very surprised if any of them even applied.  As far as Williams goes, from what I understand of her departure at Karns, she would probably not be a good fit for Catholic at all.  If Bearden and CAK both open up as you suggest, then it looks like there are too many coaching jobs and not enough high level coaches, maybe.....

Edited by beachboy

Why would one of the three AC coaches who aren't the head coach not leave. I can see why the head coach wouldn't leave, they seem to have awesome support and a rich history, but all three of the assts can't expect to get the job when the head coach steps down.

Shannon Mincey may be a good fit for Bearden. Do you think Catholic could get Coach Jones back? What about Carmen Foster at Oak Ridge?