Clarksville Academy vs. Nashville Christian - Halloween in Nashville

NCSdad1962

Coaches and players.... They would not be happy about that because of two reasons: 1) why are you letting those 10 other players run by you to block the kicker? 2) why would you take a chance of getting a 15 yard personal foul penalty against a good team like NCS? We don't need that.

That's what meant and on the flip side. I'm thinking what 89 means is that, we have a lot of pride down here and some boys with short tempers. We've been known to start a fight or two if you come after one of us like that. It's not something to be proud of but its taught to look out for each other. If you're civil we're civil.

I completely understand.  Our leader on D last year (he's now graduated) joined up with a teammate and sent a message (physical and verbal) to one of those two guys on a subsequent play.  We were all quite proud of them  ;).  And coach had lengthy talks with the officials after each offense.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooler heads better prevail.

We already know who the better team is. Get yourself a comfortable lead then get some players to the sidelines and keep them there. Easier said than done when emotions run high.

Coach is very good about that.  We've had a lot of opportunities to get younger guys playing time this year.  I hope that will be the case again Friday night.

I completely understand.  Our leader on D last year (he's now graduated) joined up with a teammate and sent a message (physical and verbal) to one of those two guys on a subsequent play.  We were all quite proud of them  ;).  And coach had lengthy talks with the officials after each offense.

Dad, which play are you referring to?

You can state your point with some clean but hard solid hits. CA players better have their heads on a swivel.

Coach won't put up with any cheap stuff from our own guys.  You'll be doing a lot of watching your backup play if you pull that crap.  

But a running clock in the second half sure would look good.

Edited by NCSdad1962

Coach won't put up with any cheap stuff from our own guys. You'll be doing a lot of watching your backup play if you pull that crap.

But a running clock in the second half sure would look good.

I'm sure that Coach will make a point to address this during the week and before the game. Don't want anyone doing anything to hurt the team's playoff goals. Just beat them on the field and let that speak for itself. Coach may let the score get a little more lopsided than he usually does. That being said, if provoked I'm sure our boys will be willing to return the message. We may see them doing the Monster Mash on CA before the night is over. Edited by NCSDad54

ncsdads and pseudo ncsdads, 

I'm sure there is not a coach in 10-a that coaches their players to make cheap, dirty, or illegal plays that could draw a flag.  And if you think ours does that, I believe you are mistaken.  I was looking forward to this game, but all the finger pointing, chest beating, holier than thou talk has just about sapped my appetite for it.

We have had players lose their cool during a game before, and will again, just as I am sure you have.  Usually, it gets taken care of by officials and/or coaches.   I could bring up numerous examples that I have witnessed over the years with other teams from the district of perceived dirty play, and unsportsmanlike actions by players and parents, but why?  Should we have a contest of who made the dirtiest play or who has the most foul mouthed redneck parents?  I don't  think we should.   Going down that road, in my opinion solves nothing and only inflames the situation, potentially leading to more discord.

The bottom line is that I know our players are good kids and well coached and coached to play clean.  I have no doubt your players are good kids and coached the same way.  Many of them already are friends with our kids and many more will become friends as the years go by.  

Let's let them play the game and enjoy their high school athletic careers without all the drama.  I promise, the coaches, officials, and kids will work it all out, lets us just watch.  

I don't have a dog in this fight. I watched the the video and I must say (from a neutral, outside perspective) if I was the coach at Clarksville Academy, the two boys who took down the kicker would have never played another down for me.

That has always been our contention too. But the attacks are attempted every time we play CA - on just about every kickoff. It's clearly intentional. And what isn't on that second clip is the following 2-3 minutes of him laying on the field motionless with some very anxious fans hoping he would get up.

Edited by NCSdad1962