Week 10: Sullivan South (8-1) @ Elizabethton (8-1)

EHSTrack06

If South, Fulton, Catholic, and Greeneville win, there could be a rematch of this game in Round 1. The tiebreakers between South and Greeneville are so close, it may come down to; Does Johnson County get to .500 with a win over East? A SS win and JC loss ---> SS/Betsy Rematch @ South. Winner goes to Catholic.

I don't like that scenario, but it is what it is......I think. If not right lay it out please.

That would be assuming South had already won Friday though don't yah think.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a ridiculous statement, and I think I'll just leave it at that.  :huh:

Betsy wins this game running backwards... not even close. When playing South you only have to watch for two things.... the QB option (every other play) and the Hale Mary. Put a spy on the QB and don't let the receivers get behind you and you slow their role almost to a stop. Cyclones on the other had will pound you with #28 until it hurts. You may stop him once and maybe even twice... but the third time is going to the house! Word is bond...  :thumb:

I guess you are basing your opinion on the one game you saw South play this year.  That was by far the worst game I have seen South play in the last 2 years and we still almost won.  since then our defense has been completely changed and we got some key players back that were out for that game.  I'm not saying we will stop Betsy or even win but Betsy won't win running backwards.  as far as hail mary passes you are correct, if we don't throw some short patterns we will be in trouble.

South really hasn't played any competition since the THS game. Agreed sshsfan we were missing a very important part of the defense at Bristol. However after watching the JCounty game I am very concerned about our pass defense, db's knowing where the ball is not the rush, but I'm one of those people that is always looking at areas where we could improve. Hope the Rebs come to play and have some fun! Good luck to both sides with no injuries! Sure wish that new stadium was already in place! I hate fighting the traffic there at Brown Childress.

South really hasn't played any competition since the THS game. Agreed sshsfan we were missing a very important part of the defense at Bristol. However after watching the JCounty game I am very concerned about our pass defense, db's knowing where the ball is not the rush, but I'm one of those people that is always looking at areas where we could improve. Hope the Rebs come to play and have some fun! Good luck to both sides with no injuries! Sure wish that new stadium was already in place! I hate fighting the traffic there at Brown Childress.

Agree with most of this but do note that Gate City is currently ranked #2 in Virginia in their class. I think their only losses are to South and a very highly ranked West Virginia team. We have to cut down on the penalties or we will lose the next 2 games.

Agree with most of this but do note that Gate City is currently ranked #2 in Virginia in their class. I think their only losses are to South and a very highly ranked West Virginia team. We have to cut down on the penalties or we will lose the next 2 games.

Gate City was far better than any other team we've played and probably as good as the vikings.  Neither team had much of a passing game but had strong run games with Gate City being much more physical than TnHi.  We played lights out on defense against them.  I too am concerned about our pass coverage, which has looked suspect against good QB's all season.  I think both teams will be able to score, it will all come down to whose defense steps up the most.  can't wait for the game.  Can any of the Betsy fans tell us what time the gates will open?

That is a ridiculous statement, and I think I'll just leave it at that.  :huh:

Betsy wins this game running backwards... not even close. When playing South you only have to watch for two things.... the QB option (every other play) and the Hale Mary. Put a spy on the QB and don't let the receivers get behind you and you slow their role almost to a stop. Cyclones on the other had will pound you with #28 until it hurts. You may stop him once and maybe even twice... but the third time is going to the house! Word is bond...  :thumb:

Typical post by this guy who hates South.  I think it will be a close game.  What an idiot.