State Tournament Observations and Opinions.

EBTHER

Well, the dust has cleared and champions have emerged. Any thoughts about the events that unfolded this week in the Boro? I am AA fan so I can tell you that that was a tough class. Almost every game was settled in 4 or more sets during bracket play. The CAK-Catholic game was just unbelievable as this was a bitter rivalry. They way Signal Mt played there way back to the championship match, winning three games on Thursday was epic. A lot of talented players graduating this year so it will be interesting to see who makes it back next

year. Seeing Dyersburg play this week makes me believe they may be a strong contender next year. Im not sure if the graduate any starters from this years team but they proved that they had the right to be in the mix this year. And even though CAK won this year there were to many close games that could have gone either way in class AA.

I know there was a lot of discussion about not playing the championship games at MTSU this year, but the environment at Siegel during the championship matches was electric and loud. Congrats to all teams and thanks for a great year of volleyball.

Edited by EBTHER

It wasn't the championship matches as much as the scattered venues for different divisions in sectionals!  My niece played for Baylor (who won) but I also wanted to watch Signal Mountain (my kids' school) play.  Between the overuse of siegel (where my son played a state sectional on a crappy field last spring), to the volleyball tourney, thinking TSSAA might start reconsidering where they put the venue.