2014 Musket Bowl

mrj423eastTN

The 8th Graders can jump ship without penalty. The problem is, where will they go? No everyone can afford tuition. Does Greene County allow Washington County students to cross over?

I'm pretty sure they do but the tuition is pretty steep and that if they will let them. It's alot harder to get in than most people think

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rules, this is something that has been lost over the past couple of generations coming up, they watch ESPN, see it on YouTube, and in general have an attitude that one should not be held accountable for their actions, it is sad that a few can cost so many but where is the line, when do we stop allowing things to be addressed in a manner that the players, coaches and others involved think the punishment doesn't fit the actions. Football is the ultimate team sport, each play and player requires a brotherhood of working together for a common goal and with that being said these teams should be held to the strictest punishments that can be enforced so it is a sore spot for them and any other thuggish un-ruled kids that want to jeopardize their school and teams future. Its a hard directive to hold as they watch these college and Pro players get away with about anything they want enforcing their capabilities to follow in their hero's foot steps, No matter who the coaches are good or bad they are all faced with the same issue of the political correct way of doing things, rather then holding kids accountable they are merely babysitting at times, the quality of the sport has drastically taken a hit with the celebrations of individual play, the sheer disrespect for any one that may disagree with what a kid should do when one scores or makes a good play, some may say its kids being kids but there was a time when coaches would not allow such actions of a individual celebration on their teams. Yes I guess I am rambling along here about this stuff and  I do feel for the whole situation but at some point these kids have to know that individual desire can cost you more then they can ever payback and just maybe this fight will allow an issue to be talked about over the next three years that allows such a small issue with many effect the much larger picture. The saddest part of the whole thing is there will be kids affected that had nothing what so ever to do with this mess, maybe that will drive them to make sure they don't allow a team mate to  ever do something like that again and in that situation.

So if both schools don't qualify for the playoffs in the next 3 years, there is no punishment. Highly likely. TSSAA still gets $9500.00 for nothing. TSSAA wins!

Yeah, the way the conference looks, though, one of the two teams will at least be in the top four.  Even worse, let's say they finish 1-2 in the conference, that means teams 3-6 are going to the playoffs and both teams get zero recognition as conference champions.  

My senior year at Boone, TN High was under probation for playing an ineligible player, and they finished second in the conference.  Bumps that 3rd place team into a home game for the playoffs automatically.

We know T$$AA loves that money.