Lawrence County got screwed

purple75gold

Make it simple.  Put all the privates in 2 classes separate of the public.  Divide all of the public into 3 classes.  Too many state champions right now.  A state champion out of 55-57 (Division 1) schools, and out of 8-10 (Division 2) schools is watered down.  And do it across the board (all sports).  Oh wait, that is too simple and doesn't make enough $$$.  But remember, we constantly change because everyone complains.  There is no system that will make everyone a state champion.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No they shouldn't reward a team for a blow out. But they should reward teams for a fine regular season. Other wise the 10 games are useless. Don't think lc is whining just voicing a dislike in there placement. Don't think it matters where a team is placed in playoffs. But it is is a injustice when a team defeats a team and is placed as a lower seed. Not that it matters Henry county couse there is a purple and gold train a coming. Good luck to y'all with mundord.

The current system rewards a fine season. That's why Ridgeway is 1, Henry County is 2, and Lawrence County is 3 -  all rewarded with a home game. So what do you tell Ooltewah on going 10-0 and being a 3 seed? Its just how the cards fall in this system. Shelbyville was farther east than Lawrence County so that's how it goes.

And thanks for wishing us luck against Munford. But if I were you, I'd be hoping for an upset so LC gets two home games! But don't count on it, Henry County is ready for there run this year. Its exciting to us because we may get to see some unfamiliar opponents along the way - like Lawrence County! But neither of us should be the least bit worried about any team other than Millington and Munford...

'And thanks for wishing us luck against Munford. But if I were you, I'd be hoping for an upset so LC gets two home games! But don't count on it, Henry County is ready for there run this year. Its exciting to us because we may get to see some unfamiliar opponents along the way - like Lawrence County! But neither of us should be the least bit worried about any team other than Millington and Munford...

I would be thankful for being in the playoffs with a home game. You could be made to drive 3hrs to play in the first rd.. Now that would be tough. :rolleyes:   

BigRed, it amazes me every year (but especially this year) how much trouble some people have understanding this really very simple principle. NO one got. screwed this year!! The eight most westerly of the 32 qualified teams ended up in Quadrant 4 just as they were supposed to be placed.Lawrenceburg High School,s longitude is 87.3158 degrees West :Kenwood High School, the most western of the qualified Clarksviille schools is 87.2618 degrees West.. This means that Lawrenceburg  is 0.05 degree more west than Kenwood.

GOP BIG RED

Didn't know you had a bit of navigator in you old devil. Hope the GOP Big Red is grammatical error, otherwise no politics in a sports forum. 

I will say this. There is no way anyone can justify that Shelbyville, our district runner up, get s rewarded with 2 home games while LCHS gets one and has to hope for an upset for a second. Lawrence County should have been rewarded by leaving themin their natural quadrant and Kenwood sent to quad 4. You cant tell me thqt Kenwood deserved to be rewarded with the home quadrant more so than LCHS based on .5 degrees. You and I both know that is a crock.

BUT, that is ok. LCHS has always fared well in quad 4 and this year will be no different. If you think any team in quad 4 is ready to face that rushing attack, ball control offense on the roll they are on you might be delusional. For the past three weeks I have seen every playoff scenario listing LCHS as district runner up and not a single one as a district winner until they actually won it. Just keep on underestimating this team. Just ask Hardin County!!!!!!

I will say this. There is no way anyone can justify that Shelbyville, our district runner up, get s rewarded with 2 home games while LCHS gets one and has to hope for an upset for a second. Lawrence County should have been rewarded by leaving themin their natural quadrant and Kenwood sent to quad 4. You cant tell me thqt Kenwood deserved to be rewarded with the home quadrant more so than LCHS based on .5 degrees. You and I both know that is a crock.

BUT, that is ok. LCHS has always fared well in quad 4 and this year will be no different. If you think any team in quad 4 is ready to face that rushing attack, ball control offense on the roll they are on you might be delusional. For the past three weeks I have seen every playoff scenario listing LCHS as district runner up and not a single one as a district winner until they actually won it. Just keep on underestimating this team. Just ask Hardin County!!!!!!

Lawrence County has gone to quad 4 twice, with a 1-2 record.  That's faring well?  Low expectations down there I guess.  Although I'd probably be worried more about Millington than about having to travel for round 2.

Vandychris - I'll give you one thing, I'm really happy that you Love Vanderbilt! But as for saying anything about the TSSAA giving a team something deserving, it ain't gonna happen! They barely follow their own rules, as someone already stated - its one of the reasons this z-plan was destined for failure. Last year, Henry County won the district and went 10-0. Yet in Semi's, we had to travel to noneother than Clarksville NE (a 6 or 7 seed if I remember correctly). There was no equity in why that happened, but it did. Henry County didn't get screwed, but yes we were not happy at having to travel in the Semi's. In fact, TSSAA would have at least doubled the gate intake if the game was at HC. So it made no sense. Don't try to make sense as to why Shelbyville got seeded higher than LC. This playoff system is not about who is deserving, its about placing teams in quadrants to get to Cookeville. Good luck against Millington, don't sleep on them!

Lawrence County played 3 teams with a winning record.

Columbia(6-4)-lost

Giles County(4-6)-lost

Hardin County(7-3)-won

Loretto(3-7)-won

Coffee County(2-8)-won

Spring Hill(5-5)-won

Lincoln County(4-6)-won

Tullahoma(5-5)-won

Franklin County(3-7)-won

Shelbyville(7-3)-won

I'm not a genius but I count 5 teams there with winning records