Bradley Central at Science hill

baconbreath

Good job, Bradley...way to get in and stay in the game when nobody thought you could/would. Looks like they found something for the future, and got a little confidence-booster for the "Big 6" moving forward.

Yes Checker, it was a good job by the Bears. But I did think we would go compete, and make a good game of it.

As far as competing, I am like Coach Floyd. The competition of the Super 32 does not bother me. It's the travel we will be forced to endure.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the TSSAA, Science Hill, Maryville, and DB will get acquainted with you guys next year. See ya next year.

Ummmmm All the predictions of 65-7 and thereabouts blow outs by Science Hill kinda got blown up.

Sure we go home for the year, but not before make someone work pretty darn hard to advance. Same as last year, Maryville folk found out that those pesky 5-5 Bears are tougher than they appear. Seems upper East Tennessee likes to discount the red headed step children from SE Tennessee. ;)

What I am proud of is the fact Bradley Central went on the road and gave a good account of themselves. Realistically, I did not expect to win, but I did expect to go in and compete, and have a chance to win.

Ummmmm All the predictions of 65-7 and thereabouts blow outs by Science Hill kinda got blown up.

Sure we go home for the year, but not before make someone work pretty darn hard to advance. Same as last year, Maryville folk found out that those pesky 5-5 Bears are tougher than they appear. Seems upper East Tennessee likes to discount the red headed step children from SE Tennessee. ;)

What I am proud of is the fact Bradley Central went on the road and gave a good account of themselves. Realistically, I did not expect to win, but I did expect to go in and compete, and have a chance to win.

As is usually the case, it wasn't the SH folk predicting a blowout. Considering how or defense has allowed points all season, most knew this works be a closer game than the records may have otherwise indicated.

In any case, should be interesting to have you guys as conference foes for the next few years.

No predictions here from this SH fan because I had never watched you play other than what I watched on Hudl.  After seeing your program what I can say is you are well coached and you have a lot of talented kids.  Your sophomore QB is a real talent, great feet, good arm, sees the field well.  Your offense will be in good hands then next couple of years!  You guys gave us all we wanted and then some.

Should be fun next year and who knows we may return the favor and be making the drive down to SE TN.

Go Toppers!

Yes Checker, it was a good job by the Bears. But I did think we would go compete, and make a good game of it.

As far as competing, I am like Coach Floyd. The competition of the Super 32 does not bother me. It's the travel we will be forced to endure.

I feel your pain on the travel issue.  Just a real unfortunate twist of fate that there are no other closer schools of that size.  Next count, I predict Walker Valley will be in that mix...maybe others, the way this area is growing.  Doesn't seem fair to the kids to make them travel that far..and the costs to do so will also be painful.  Best of luck to the Bears moving forward.  Looks like the crosstown rivalry will continue though... See you week 3!

I want to congratulate the Bears. Your team is nothing but class. The players removed their helmets for a moment of silence for a SH cheerleader. During the game they played with class. After the game their actions were that of champions. Job well done by the staff at Bradley Central. Plus your QB Copeland is one of the best I have witnessed in a very long time. Go Bears!

As is usually the case, it wasn't the SH folk predicting a blowout. Considering how or defense has allowed points all season, most knew this works be a closer game than the records may have otherwise indicated.

In any case, should be interesting to have you guys as conference foes for the next few years.

Oh I understand. Just couple out there that bugged me with the disrespect. ;)

No predictions here from this SH fan because I had never watched you play other than what I watched on Hudl.  After seeing your program what I can say is you are well coached and you have a lot of talented kids.  Your sophomore QB is a real talent, great feet, good arm, sees the field well.  Your offense will be in good hands then next couple of years!  You guys gave us all we wanted and then some.

Should be fun next year and who knows we may return the favor and be making the drive down to SE TN.

Go Toppers!

Well I hope the powers that make out the schedule stagger the home and away's with DB and SH. Not make us go to both the same year. That would be really tough.

The Copeland kid is going to be good no doubt. This year  we were moving the ball between the 20's was pretty easy on everyone. It was in the Red zone that killed us. At one point were in there 14 times and no points. We got inside the 20 5 times against Riverdale and scored no points. Killed us, even tho we moved the ball on everyone. The last 4 games we got that fixed.

I feel your pain on the travel issue.  Just a real unfortunate twist of fate that there are no other closer schools of that size.  Next count, I predict Walker Valley will be in that mix...maybe others, the way this area is growing.  Doesn't seem fair to the kids to make them travel that far..and the costs to do so will also be painful.  Best of luck to the Bears moving forward.  Looks like the crosstown rivalry will continue though... See you week 3!

Yeah, the TSSAA really put us in no man land territory. Arbitrary numbers sometimes work against common sense. I know WV folk who were concerned it might happen this time.

Yeah I saw where that appears to be able to happen. Good thing too. We will need that gate in the worst way.

I want to congratulate the Bears. Your team is nothing but class. The players removed their helmets for a moment of silence for a SH cheerleader. During the game they played with class. After the game their actions were that of champions. Job well done by the staff at Bradley Central. Plus your QB Copeland is one of the best I have witnessed in a very long time. Go Bears!

Thank you. I know it should be automatic to do certain things but sometimes it's not in the heat of a game or afterwards.

Our Coach is a fiery competitor, and it comes out sometimes. And it also comes out with the team at times. But for the most part he and the team does well.

Edited by alt1958