2014 Division 2A State Tournament playoff.. who will make a run?

inthagap

Literally have played the 6a state champs the past two years. Ever heard of Maryville? Webb schedules tough out of conference. Played Ensworth 2 of the past 3 years. Peoples schedules out of conference change. It is not rocket science.

Keep whining though...Makes you all look good. Again.... Don't get mad...get better.

Lets get back to the games. Anybody with a scouting report on the west teams? 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Literally have played the 6a state champs the past two years. Ever heard of Maryville? Webb schedules tough out of conference. Played Ensworth 2 of the past 3 years. Peoples schedules out of conference change. It is not rocket science.

Keep whining though...Makes you all look good. Again.... Don't get mad...get better.

Lets get back to the games. Anybody with a scouting report on the west teams? 

Need to keep your story straight.  Webb has not played EHS in football 2 of the 3 past years.

Webb has played Ensworth, Baylor, Alcoa, Maryville, to name a couple, in the past 5 years. Stop. The argument of Webb's out of conference schedule is just not there. 

Webb hasn't played BA in like 20 years so I don't think BA said that to us. But good try.

Webb isn't as good in football as Ensworth (neither is anyone in the state) so literally anyone you compare to Ensworth will lose. Literally any school in Tennessee is a joke compared to Ensworth when talking about football. So I dont get why we keep comparing Webb to Ensworth. Just a dumb argument. I haven't argued that point once. Baylor, BA, and MBA are also better than Webb in football. I mean that is a given. 

Webb plays in the classification they are supposed to be in. They have less football players then the other three teams left in Div 2A. Its just our football players are better. Get over it. 

Don't get mad...get better. Just win baby.

Oh yeah. If they play where the TSSAA puts them, then you can't fault them for that. They opt to play up because they have the teams to do it. They have the administration to do it. They have the quantity of players to do it. If I had to guess, those teams you just listed have probably 60+ players on their team. That makes a huge difference compared to the 35 players Webb has. The enrollment is one thing, but the percentage of guys in the school that play football is another thing. 

Div. 2A is like the SEC West. It is insane. And unless you have an administration that puts football as a priority, you can't compete in that division. Webb tried it out and couldn't get the backing of the administration to put football a priority. 

Webb plays in the division they are supposed to be in.

I think these two semifinal games will be great. From what I have heard, ECS is real tough. Haven't heard much about them from the thread because we keep talking about irrelevant stuff and comparisons. One day until the game, lets get some predictions and talk about the teams. Need some analysis on these west teams! 

I think its cute how everyone in the state counts out teams from West Tennessee when it comes to the football state finals. The last time a Middle Tennessee team was even in the state finals was Davidson vs Harding Academy. (a West Tennessee team) Davidson did win the game but they have been in a drought ever since. Ill give credit where credit is due, Webb is a very good football program and has been for a while. Im not knocking them because what they have done in our league over the past 7 years has been nothing short of amazing! But, every year everyone gets on this message board and talks about BGA, Webb, Davidson, (what have they done since Coach Wade went to Ensworth?), DCA, FRA, and FCS.  

BGA, DCA, and FCS moved "down" to our league and hasn't sniffed a ring. A West Tennessee team has been in the state finals every year since 2008, which, if I'm not mistaken was when this league as we know it today was formed. So keep talking up the Middle Tennessee teams... West Tennessee teams will keep beating em!  

Tonight's games should be good! The four #1's are still breathin and only two will play for some bling on Dec. 4 in Cookeville.  Good luck to all!

ECS hasn't beaten Webb since 2005. Looks like Webb and BGA will meet in the ship (an east and middle team). Your west tn teams just couldn't hang.

All jokes aside, Webb and ECS was a battle and a great football game to watch. ECS only scored on their opening kickoff and couldn't do much the rest of the game.

Looking forward to the big game in a couple weeks. See if that coach over there in Franklin, TN can prepare for a big game...

Delusional.

Webbs reign will easily be over after this year. West Temnesse ball is different than East/Middle so hard to judge who owns the state.

It's pretty easy to determine it. Look and see how many championships the west has won compared to other regions. The west had two teams in this division play and they both lost. BGA dominated St George.

I also want to send out best wishes to the young man from St George who broke his leg Friday night. I hope you heal fast.

Edited by RonMexico3

It sounds like BGA dominated that game. Webb had a battle with ECS. Even though ECS didn't do anything on offense and only scored on a kickoff return, it was a hard hitting affair. 

Was St. George just not that good??

They could not do a thing on Offense. The TD was against backups. Beathard is such a threat with his feet because he throws so well while scrambling that they could not handle him once he was moving.

St George took some nasty hits, especially in the secondary.

Edited by RonMexico3