Div II AA Predictions

drewpearson

I would but I do not wish to deminish the win by MUS. congratulations owl booster and MUS. I have a lot of friends who are MUS alums or who have kids there and my phone is blowing up as I type this from my Memphis friends who are in shock. Football is just a game but it's sad to see a team underperform it's potential by such a wide margin. Have to play every week in this league or you go home .. It's a long trip back to Nashville

Try.....I am a nervous but happy wreck

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

I would but I do not wish to deminish the win by MUS. congratulations owl booster and MUS. I have a lot of friends who are MUS alums or who have kids there and my phone is blowing up as I type this from my Memphis friends who are in shock. Football is just a game but it's sad to see a team underperform it's potential by such a wide margin. This reminds me of the BA team two years ago which peaked early on in the season .

It certainly was a tale of 2 halves.  I think BA had such an easy time in the first half that they became unfocused for the 2nd half.  On the other side, the long TD run by Neal that put MUS finally on the scoreboard late in the 1st half seemed to uplift the Owls. The rest is history.

There are a lot of perplexed D2 fans out here wondering why BA flounders so often when they almost perennially have unsurpassed talent.  Must drive you crazy.  Your school still has an athletic program that most emulate.  Best wishes for the rest of the year.  I'm looking forward to a shootout at the state track meet in May between BA and MUS.

McCallie really needed to play a complete game last night and they were far from "on."  But all credit goes to MBA who played very well.  Losing Silverblatt took away a big part of what McCallie does.

44 for MBA was a Mack Truck.  Someone needed to pop him a few times but McCallie could barely get him down.  He is a difference maker.

Enjoyed watching the Blur Tornado this year.  Nice to see them competitive again.  And really nice to end the Baylor win streak.  Just wondering who is going to replace Alex Trotter next year. Classy young man and one heck of a running back.

McCallie really needed to play a complete game last night and they were far from "on."  But all credit goes to MBA who played very well.  Losing Silverblatt took away a big part of what McCallie does.

44 for MBA was a Mack Truck.  Someone needed to pop him a few times but McCallie could barely get him down.  He is a difference maker.

Enjoyed watching the Blur Tornado this year.  Nice to see them competitive again.  And really nice to end the Baylor win streak.  Just wondering who is going to replace Alex Trotter next year. Classy young man and one heck of a running back

It was great to see a competitive, exciting McCallie team this year.  Really made D2AA very special with so many teams so capable of beating each other on a given night.  Even the "west" wasn't so bad: CBHS gave Baylor a scare and MUS upset BA. 

Edited by owlbooster

It certainly was a tale of 2 halves.  I think BA had such an easy time in the first half that they became unfocused for the 2nd half.  On the other side, the long TD run by Neal that put MUS finally on the scoreboard late in the 1st half seemed to uplift the Owls. The rest is history.

There are a lot of perplexed D2 fans out here wondering why BA flounders so often when they almost perennially have unsurpassed talent.  Must drive you crazy.  Your school still has an athletic program that most emulate.  Best wishes for the rest of the year.  I'm looking forward to a shootout at the state track meet in May between BA and MUS.

MUS is a very hard group to put away. We have some painful experience on that score.

Ensworth by 3 Tds. Too much talent and speed to be contained. The odds are stacked against Mus pulling off the upset two weeks in a row. MBA wins big this time I think. Baylor appears to be sticking with the players only going 1 way and the offense has struggled. They simply don't have enough firepower with half of their best players on the defensive side of the ball only. Finals: Ensworth by 7 over MBA