Middle Tennessee volleyball clubs

RonMexico3

Need some advice as I'm a parent of a young girl who is new to the volleyball scene. My daughter has played a couple seasons in local rec leagues and loves every minute of it. This year she tried out for some club teams and received an offer to play for a "1" team. She's very excited.

Doctors project her to be between 5'11 and 6'1. What kind of advice would parents of club players offer? Can anyone provide me an overview of the clubs in middle TN?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

There are some good and some bad in Middle Tn. Play at one and see how your daughter likes it. Be as much hands off as you can. Let your daughter be coached and enjoy the time she plays. Don't worry about anything except getting your daughter to practice on time. Parents are sometimes their daughters worst enemy. Don't be that parent. Let her height happen. Volleyball is not just for the tall. Mine happens to be but I know a girl that was in our club and she is 5'2". The hardest worker in the club and a true leader. She is now playing D1 volleyball at the university of Louisville. So smaller girls can play volleyball too. Have fun !!!!! 

There are some good and some bad in Middle Tn. Play at one and see how your daughter likes it. Be as much hands off as you can. Let your daughter be coached and enjoy the time she plays. Don't worry about anything except getting your daughter to practice on time. Parents are sometimes their daughters worst enemy. Don't be that parent. Let her height happen. Volleyball is not just for the tall. Mine happens to be but I know a girl that was in our club and she is 5'2". The hardest worker in the club and a true leader. She is now playing D1 volleyball at the university of Louisville. So smaller girls can play volleyball too. Have fun !!!!!

Thanks. We are very hands off. My wife never played volleyball and I grew up playing football and hockey so I recognize I have no knowledge of the sport. I'm leaving it in her coach's hands. The only thing I stress and emphases is having fun and busting your butt while you do it. I can't coach volleyball but I can coach hustle.