Coaching Carousal Begins

K2ruth

Yes you are correct on how we were so successful.

You are wrong however (if the coach did resign) when you say it's ok if he quits. Of course he should want to watch his daughter play. The problem is (just like Phillyal said). The coach knew he was doing this all along. He's wrong (if he resigned) again. Just like he was wrong when he was late for his banquet last year.I am trying to dig up the facts.

BBV, why is this wrong? High school coaches don't receive contracts. They serve at the whim of the principal who can dismiss them for any reason. When did Dave promise to stay at Bearden past his daughter's graduation? He Idid an ok job while he was their, but I don't believe he ever promised to be in it for the long haul. Running a club takes alot of time. How long was Garland at Catholic before he resigned? You aren't questioning him.

Back to topic, who will be the next coaches. Surely you other posters have ideas?

I would love to see a great coach at Bearden.  Unfortunantly, I don't believe that there program will succeed unless they get someone who has real coaching experience.  The middle that didn't play last year just committed to Nebraska.  It's been all over the news there and is a pretty big deal.  The libero that didn't play is also a D1 recruit.  With them Bearden has a chance, but I don't think they are willing to play unless there is a serious coach there.  I mean why would they?  Muncie is NOT it.  Did you see her coach the 17s in club?  For her to be an ex-college coach she seemed to not be able to do a thing with all that talent.  I've been asking around and i just haven't heard anythng.  Would love to know if Jason Keeble is interested.  He has no head coaching experience on the high school level but he has been an assistant.  Tom Paszko can get them to the state but he's no public figure..lol.  He doesn't mind making girls cry and pissing off parents.  Not good for high school.  Shannon is just not good and can't draw anyone but KVA players.  We need girls from everywhere.  Not sure Steve Dallman could keep the parents from taking over.  He's just older and over it.

I knew he had announced but hadn't heard it directly from him, so I didn't want to say I had. That's why I thought the easiest thing would be for BBV to simply ask Dave because it wasnt a secret.

I think Keeble is a better fit at Catholic. Bearden is not a premier program yet, but has potential. I don't think Dave helped it, I actually think he has created alot of distrust among the parents which will take time to heal.

Tom would be a ... Challenge. I love him, but his behavior wouldn't be tolerated at a public school, and I don't know how good he would do building a program, A mom, who I trust, says the school will accept Shannon. Several parents are against this but some support it.

Edited by K2ruth

I don't know about him being a Bearden graduate, for some reason I thought he was from up north? I like him, alot, but until the reasons concerning the quick exit from Catholic come to light I don't know if the school would consider him. The hiring process in a public school is different from a private. BB, do you know why he quit just before the tournament?

If I were to bet, this morning, I think it will be Mincey at Bearden and Keebler at Catholic although I am hearing that Williams at Lenoir City is also applying to Bearden, and since she already has Knox County experience it may give her an edge.

PhillyAI, before you get on here and say that neither of these two will be hired, I am not pushing anyone for these jobs, and have zero input, but am just discussing what I hear from parents on these boards. Bearden will have to hire someone. The fact is that there are not that many viable candidates. I don't think the school will hire a club coach who is not a teacher other than Shannon because of her friendship with Dave, who is also a principal. I believe he will get alot of say in his replacement. Williams is interesting because she has coached in the Knox County system for a long time. It will be hard not to take her with her experience.