Coaching Carousal Begins

K2ruth

I would encourage not letting parents be involved in the selection process. Pick a solid coach, not associated with any club, and who has ties to the school.

I would not consider the Hames great coaches. Great sales people yes, coaching, not the gold standard. I think David Moore at Farragut did a better job, so did Ed Irvin, Mike Jones, Cantrell and Harshbarger, all strong high school coaches, none associated with a club. They knew how to coach, how to build a program and how to sustain a program. Ray and Irvin at multiple schools, Moore and the AC guys for a long time, and Jones and Cantrell were known and respected all across the state. All of these men cared about the girls and the sport. McGinnis, Williams, Hames promote themselves and their club over their teams and the athletes.

Here's an idea. Reach out to one of the above coaches and hire someone with real experience and have them mentor a young coach like Cara for three or four years until she is ready. Don't just throw her to the wolves.

Has anyone reached out to these Oldies but Goodies to see if they have any gas left in the tank?

Those "Oldies but Goodies" would have a hard time being able to be an asst with one of the areas competitive club teams. The game has changed alot. It is much faster paced.

The Hames are THE coaches everyone wants. They were even number 1 on Philly AI's list and she doesn't like anyone! Catholic and Farragut wanted Coach Hames bad the last time those jobs game open but they couldn't offer as sweet of a deal!

I promise you that as intense as Anderson County seems to be about volleyball, if they thought they could get her they would open up the checkbook.

This is a joke

You have no idea what youare talking about with the Catholic job. People who are reading your posts have inside knowledge, trust me, of the Catholic and Bearden jobs and Chris Hames was never even mentioned. Ktruth, I love your passion but you have no idea what you are saying. That's all I will say. Please stop with the conjecture. Catholic and Bearden volleyball jobs were never in play for the Hames. Please stick to facts and things that you know. Enough cheerleading.

Edited by HardAngle

Hard Angle, Philly is the most plugged in person on this board with Bearden volleyball and Coach Hames is her first choice. Hames also coached at Catholic and was contacted when Jones left but she thought Webb was a better job, and fit. That is not conjecture.

To say that there are better coaches in Knoxville right now is simply not true.

Philly, do you want Coach Hames?

As far as criticism, that is all some of these posters do. They wouldn't be happy with anyone, if that person didn't make their daughter the star.