Coaching Carousal Begins

K2ruth

I think the promise was made by the current coach. Again, this is all second hand, but I believe it was understood that when he left, after his daughter graduated, she could slip into his place.

Also, I don't believe that there are any high school coaches as good as the four club coaches I referenced.

If the four club coaches K2R talks about will apply and actually get hired for any high school openings that might occur, then we will see if they are really as good as K2R advertised.  And they may be.  That remains to be seen though, since none of them have high school experience.  I for one hope that some of them get a high school job and then we could get a good comparison of high school versus club coaching.  Could be interesting and fun to watch. 

Maybe Coach Cantrell from AC would consider going to his old nemisis and rival at KCHS to continue Coach Garlands good works.  Naw, never mind, just kidding.  Just remembered he is a MFL.

the coach at Bearden has not resigned. He also has NO say on who the next coach will be. He may not even be asked about who should fill it. The reason he asked Muncy to coach at kva was so his daughter could go to Carson Newman. You see what happened there don't you. Remember the "agenda". It's still in full force.

BBV or k2r, have you asked anyone how the Bearden volleyball banquet went? Remember when i told you a while ago that he was there for 30 minutes last year and gave out 3 awards and that when it came to this year it would be a whole lot different? HAHA you should ask around and see if I was right..

So far nothing has changed. The Catholic Job is open and no rumors of who will apply. That's the only job open and it looks like it will stay that way. Most were wrong about the Bearden coach. If he was going to resign I would think it would have been at the team banquet. I think that has come and gone.

I remember some of you saying he only took the job to get his daughter what she wanted and then he would quit. It looks like you were wrong on that one. I love seeing a coach be legit for once!! Some said no way he was doing that. They said he was sincere about taking the job and it looks like those people were correct. Those that called him out for having an agenda please apologize.

BBV I don't have a dog in any of these high school jobs. Everyone knew Dave was stepping down, he made no secret of this. I WAS surprised that Andrew quit. CAK's coach is on the bubble, but the State win may have gotten him another year. High school coaches don't seem to stay as long, I think they get alot of pressure from parents.

I believe you will see more turn over. I think Powell will flip with the Asst Coach taking over, I think Grace will come open and I think you will see a couple of more schools open up. Now back to the problem, where do you get the coaches?

PhillyAI says Mincey has zero shot. She won't say why, but I can't believe they won't hire her. No one seems to want any of the other coaches from other schools so what do you do?

I think parents, if their daughter is going to stay, should be active. Bearden is going to have the most problems. They don't really have an established program. It is not an attractive job. One thought would be Susan transfer their from Farragut which would open up Farragut. Tom might take that job. The Hames won't leave Webb, and BB says none of the AC assts won't leave (which I find hard to believe) so who is left?

I still say pull the player let them do training for club if you don't have a quality high school coach. I still like Williams from Lenoir City coming to Bearden. Philly AI doesn't want her either. At the end of he day you have to take someone.

I'm shocked that the Bearden coach has resigned. It still isn't official so I'm holding out that he has integrity. You don't just coach because your daughter is on the team and then leave when she graduates. If that's true what a BUSH LEAGUE move. That means he had no intention of staying more than 3 years. I'm not conceding to Phillyal yet. I have to hear it from the school first. If you knew all along that you wanted to watch your daughter play in college then you shouldn't have taken the job. I'm holding out hope that this isn't true, for the goodness of High School volleyball.

Hardangle..She's going to Where??? That's where the so called "best setter ever" goes to college? Wasn't she all state and all district and prep xtra and MVP of her team? What does that tell you about Knoxville volleyball??

When we had our powerhouse we our girls got some awards but not many. They never were tagged as the "best player ever" and we had some incredible young girls.

Oh well, I guess I'm just shocked that's where she is going. I thought she would be going big time. Good luck to her. She'll do big things there.