Round 1: 3 Greenevillle (10-1) @ 2 Sullivan South (10-1)

SECPowerHouse

no, not at all. In fact, i think maybe, just maybe, some of our kids were probably a little too emotionally driven in this one. There was definately no overlooking. Greenevilles kids and coaches both were well aware of what a threat south was. Tonight, what killed the devils were penalties, turnovers and a missed PAT. You can not do that in the playoffs and expect to advance.

BVD, in all fairness, didn't South have more turnovers than Greeneville? I agree these refs were less than midlin. The zebras acted like they hadnt reffed before. They looked lost, resetting the clock multiple times and messing up the chains. Knoxville herd?

BVD, the PAT wasn't missed. It was blocked by a South kid, right up the gut. And you have to admit, the first two Devil scores were busted plays where the QB was running for his life. So, you gotta give some credit to South tonight. They were the better team. But give the qb credit though, he played a great game. They must have ran the QB draw 40 times tonight. It at least seemed like it. Greeneville's offense tonight looked very one dimensional. Very good group though. Props to this Greeneville team and what they accomplished. I'm glad I chose to attend the Greeneville / South battle over the beat down in Johnson City tonight.

Edited by Pudding

BVD, in all fairness, didn't South have more turnovers than Greeneville? I agree these refs were less than midlin. The zebras acted like they hadnt reffed before. They looked lost, resetting the clock multiple times and messing up the chains. Knoxville herd?

BVD, the PAT wasn't missed. It was blocked by a South kid, right up the gut. And you have to admit, the first two Devil scores were busted plays where the QB was running for his life. So, you gotta give some credit to South tonight. They were the better team. But give the qb credit though, he played a great game. They must have ran the QB draw 40 times tonight. It at least seemed like it. Greeneville's offense tonight looked very one dimensional. Very good group though. Props to this Greeneville team and what they accomplished. I'm glad I chose to attend the Greeneville / South battle over the beat down in Johnson City tonight.

i give south all the credit in the world. i actually thought they were on the verge of laying down late in the first half but the kept fighting.....the scores were busted plays i dont think....quan makes alot of plays appear busted with his juking and such, BOTH qb's played great games, but quans fumble at the end hurt his overall performance...plus i think he had another fumble earlier...not positive on that one....He played every single snap of that game, so i know he left it all out there, as did both teams....it was a great great HS football game, in my opinion, marred by some awful officiating.....my bad on the PAT, i asked our kicker what happened and he said he hit the ball off his ankle, but either way, it was one of the determining factors...i think a game like tonight was destined for OT, but hey, like i said earlier, south made the plays they needed to win the game, so congrats to them. sorry if it appeared i wasnt givng south credit. this was a hard hitting, emotional game from the outset.....glad i was there too, to witness it, just wish the outcome had been a tad different.

The witching hour, well in hand and creeping ominously through the land

inspires the wretched train of doom to settle in its rest of gloom.

That wretched train that all know well seeks dark inheritance much overdue,

As fate would rest on this cold wintry eve, in the land of Greene now turned soot black with cries of grieve.

For it is said, and all know well, its wintry curse by sound of bell,

Said clanging bell of midnight grieve is handed down to those who grieve.

Ahh grief it shall be to those who must feast this night on the wretched curse, said bird of doom on the Black Devil Train as it travels in darkness to the land of Greene.

So feast on failure in the land of Greene for the putred bird turned Black from greene, is your prize posession and rightfully so, as failure you endure for a year to go.

i know, this sucks, but hey, tell the cheer lady she can still make a sign for me, i might actually come to that game as a neutral spectical....er, spectator..ha...hey, congrats to south, they made the plays at the end of the game to secure the win and my greene boys didnt, so to the victor go the spoils.....a third round trip to broadway. Question...someone with knowledge of the HS rulebook...isnt a PI an automatic first down, especially when its at the goal line????? just a question

Yes BV was looking forward to the Devils coming down and one of us breaking the 2-2 record .. of course I think we would win just like you would think the Devils  would but anyway ..we got South and yes that QB and WR got our attention last year .. we lost Rollins in the 1st Qtr last year and it took us awhile to adjust .. but the South team is good ..return alot from last year .. mainly a great QB .... so hopefully we dont have a let down ... Knox Cath was really turning up the social media about how they were stopping Fulton offense .... so our kids were pumped .. just gotta hope we pumped next week.