Round 1: 3 Greenevillle (10-1) @ 2 Sullivan South (10-1)

SECPowerHouse

The witching hour, well in hand and creeping ominously through the land

inspires the wretched train of doom to settle in its rest of gloom.

That wretched train that all know well seeks dark inheritance much overdue,

As fate would rest on this cold wintry eve, in the land of Greene now turned soot black with cries of grieve.

For it is said, and all know well, its wintry curse by sound of bell,

Said clanging bell of midnight grieve is handed down to those who grieve.

Ahh grief it shall be to those who must feast this night on the wretched curse, said bird of doom on the Black Devil Train as it travels in darkness to the land of Greene.

So feast on failure in the land of Greene for the putred bird turned Black from greene, is your prize posession and rightfully so, as failure you endure for a year to go.

Wow!  It's compusatman!  Where have you been, son?  and by the looks of it, you're hitting the shine again.  jk

My whole issue is I feel terrible for any team that losses there final game. Last year at Greeneville It took me hours to not get over the lost but to get over the fact that it was my Son's Last High School game. It took him well I really do not think he is still over it.

Although we pull for teams to beat others on and on. Realize they are still Young Athletes and some it will be there final outing. Although my son has been lucky enough to continue playing at the next level. I do not think the years of High School football can ever be replaced.  I walked on the field at Catholic Last week and that same feeling hit me as last year. I hate it for all athletes. Some move on quicker than others some really never even think about it but I promise you if you look across at the end you will see the ones who truly love the game.

Good luck to all who have won and all that it has ended for.

The witching hour, well in hand and creeping ominously through the land

inspires the wretched train of doom to settle in its rest of gloom.

That wretched train that all know well seeks dark inheritance much overdue,

As fate would rest on this cold wintry eve, in the land of Greene now turned soot black with cries of grieve.

For it is said, and all know well, its wintry curse by sound of bell,

Said clanging bell of midnight grieve is handed down to those who grieve.

Ahh grief it shall be to those who must feast this night on the wretched curse, said bird of doom on the Black Devil Train as it travels in darkness to the land of Greene.

So feast on failure in the land of Greene for the putred bird turned Black from greene, is your prize posession and rightfully so, as failure you endure for a year to go.

Haha...Comp has been waiting  a while to resurrect the devil train. Nice work unleashing the "Poe"tic juices Comp. I know a Rebel victory over the Greenies on a blustery eve was salve albeit for a wound that never heals. South / Greeneville is one of those rivalries that makes high school football endearing for passionate fans. Both teams are to be congratulated on outstanding seasons and an entertaining all-out performance last night.

I have listened to these boys on the internet all season an I told the 'ol man that in order to beat South, Greene was going to find some discipline and leadership. I'm kinda glad I lost my internet feed before halftime, cause I was ready to throw my laptop out the door. You are not going to beat a quality opponent like the Rebs with bonehead penalties, poor tackling and turnovers. Good luck Southers...play safe.

My whole issue is I feel terrible for any team that losses there final game. Last year at Greeneville It took me hours to not get over the lost but to get over the fact that it was my Son's Last High School game. It took him well I really do not think he is still over it.

Although we pull for teams to beat others on and on. Realize they are still Young Athletes and some it will be there final outing. Although my son has been lucky enough to continue playing at the next level. I do not think the years of High School football can ever be replaced. I walked on the field at Catholic Last week and that same feeling hit me as last year. I hate it for all athletes. Some move on quicker than others some really never even think about it but I promise you if you look across at the end you will see the ones who truly love the game.

well said Woodby30 I felt the same way last year as my son took to the field for the last time at fulton. And last night my heart hurt for the ones that played their last Friday night football game. But what a dog fight it was last night. Owell we will get them next year.

Although we pull for teams to beat others on and on. Realize they are still Young Athletes and some it will be there final outing. Although my son has been lucky enough to continue playing at the next level. I do not think the years of High School football can ever be replaced. I walked on the field at Catholic Last week and that same feeling hit me as last year. I hate it for all athletes. Some move on quicker than others some really never even think about it but I promise you if you look across at the end you will see the ones who truly love the game.

Ok, who hacked woodbys computer or phone?....lol....Woodby it was a pleasure meeting you last night...always nice to put a face to the screen name and although we dont always agree on things on here, there's is no doubt you could not have said it any better my friend. I dont have a kid playing HS football and never will, as god blessed me with a gorgeous daughter, but getting close to these kids as i have over the last several years, i actually understand what you mean. It was actually almost unbearable watching our kids suffer after the game, just as it is tough to see other kids suffer when their football days come to an end. It's a harsh reality that some kids will learn from and others never...NEVER get over. So for those people that say " whats the big deal, its just a football game "....ask your son that question when he's the one out there suffering.

Ok, who hacked woodbys computer or phone?....lol....Woodby it was a pleasure meeting you last night...always nice to put a face to the screen name and although we dont always agree on things on here, there's is no doubt you could not have said it any better my friend. I dont have a kid playing HS football and never will, as god blessed me with a gorgeous daughter, but getting close to these kids as i have over the last several years, i actually understand what you mean. It was actually almost unbearable watching our kids suffer after the game, just as it is tough to see other kids suffer when their football days come to an end. It's a harsh reality that some kids will learn from and others never...NEVER get over. So for those people that say " whats the big deal, its just a football game "....ask your son that question when he's the one out there suffering.

Both you guys are correct .. I was lucky enough to look forward to playing beyond high school but a 1 point loss in a State Championship game still stings .. 40 years later .. these kids put a tremendous amount of blood sweat and tears into this thing .. anybody that has never been thru 90 degree 2 a day practices in August and known what its like to suffer thru that with your fellow team mates will never understand .. thats why I never use names in posts.. I may use numbers but kids are kids and dont deserve some over zealous fan talking aand critisizing these young kids .. so I understand what you say B V when talk of how hard it is watching the kids hurt .. but it will ease off for them when they get started in life and making future decisions .. Take Care All

Both you guys are correct .. I was lucky enough to look forward to playing beyond high school but a 1 point loss in a State Championship game still stings .. 40 years later .. these kids put a tremendous amount of blood sweat and tears into this thing .. anybody that has never been thru 90 degree 2 a day practices in August and known what its like to suffer thru that with your fellow team mates will never understand .. thats why I never use names in posts.. I may use numbers but kids are kids and dont deserve some over zealous fan talking aand critisizing these young kids .. so I understand what you say B V when talk of how hard it is watching the kids hurt .. but it will ease off for them when they get started in life and making future decisions .. Take Care All

cosigned