Henry County hosts Millington- Round 2

MSURacer

Agree with you about that #44, he was a beast wounded or not. #8 was tough too, he kept getting up after some hard hits. I apologize for getting the number wrong earlier That #9 was a thug, he talked smack all night, slapped and kicked our TE while he was on the ground in the 4th qtr.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to just wanted to thank AD Mike Poteete, Jon Davidson and Andy Collins for all of their help in securing a place in the press box for me to do my radio show and stats. It was a great atmosphere, great hospitality and a hard hitting football game. I can't address the things on the field until I see the film. What I can address is the lack of class of grown men who don't understand that this a high school football game with 14-18 yr old boys. I have had several reports of men who were over by the Millington sideline that were talking trash to the Trojan football players. Really? 30,40,50 yr old men talking trash to a teenager? Buy a ticket, sit in the stands and cheer YOUR team on. Nothing more, nothing less. 

I want to just wanted to thank AD Mike Poteete, Jon Davidson and Andy Collins for all of their help in securing a place in the press box for me to do my radio show and stats. It was a great atmosphere, great hospitality and a hard hitting football game. I can't address the things on the field until I see the film. What I can address is the lack of class of grown men who don't understand that this a high school football game with 14-18 yr old boys. I have had several reports of men who were over by the Millington sideline that were talking trash to the Trojan football players. Really? 30,40,50 yr old men talking trash to a teenager? Buy a ticket, sit in the stands and cheer YOUR team on. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Couldn't have put it any better myself. We have seen a lot of football over the years and often times in very hostile enviroments. But, to be so back woods that you could rationalize verbally attacking 14-18 kids? That takes the cake. They are very lucky that this wasn't the team from back in the mid 2000's because it would have got really ugly in the stands. Our "Fans" during that time period would have took care of such nonsense rather quickly. 

Tough game and both teams were a little chippy. Millington was talented and I hated to see #44 leave with an injury.

#44 was the heart of our defense. Without him on the field, we were in big trouble. He is a sure fired D-1 prospect.  Not sure where, but he will be playing on Saturdays next year. Henry County is a good football team and they deserved to win. Not sure that they have the over all athleticism to advance past Ridgeway but stranger things have happened. Safe travels to the Memphis area next week. Since Ridgeway doesn't have a "home" field, You will be playing at one of the city owned fields.

Millington has a very good team. Their size was impressive. HC was able to hold them to only 10 yards rushing. For the last 3 games our opponents have totalled -37 rushing yards. What about the big tackle of 47? That was a hit. Great game Millington, no disrespect here.

This was a good game between two good teams. Our Defense is definitely playing strong right now. Some passes, particularly screens are going to get completed - but also you're going to get big hits like #47 as a result. But it was impressive to see Millington fight through til the finish with all that was going on injury wise for them. Team with a lot of character and heart!

I was not impressed by the officiating crew! TSSAA should be able to come up with a crew that can get the job done in the 2nd round of State! This wasn't the worst we have had this year, but they certainly were not good. Now on to Ridgeway - the rematch! Congrats to Millington on a great year. Way to go Patriots! Get it done this week!!!

#44 was the heart of our defense. Without him on the field, we were in big trouble. He is a sure fired D-1 prospect. Not sure where, but he will be playing on Saturdays next year. Henry County is a good football team and they deserved to win. Not sure that they have the over all athleticism to advance past Ridgeway but stranger things have happened. Safe travels to the Memphis area next week. Since Ridgeway doesn't have a "home" field, You will be playing at one of the city owned fields.

HC went toe to toe with Ridgeway earlier in the season & had the lead until 8 seconds left in the game. HC can beat them and has had the upper hand the last few years in the series. However, going to Memphis will add to the difficulty of beating an excellent Ridgeway team.

The game was chippy. So what? It's playoff football.  I'm an advocate of playing to the whistle, getting back to your huddle, and doing it again, but that's not how football works every down. Just the nature of the game.  I've seen many teams a lot more "dirty" than Millington.  It doesn't make any of it right, but it's the truth.  Not all our players are perfect.  41, if you want to bring video into this thread, I guess you're allowed to.  Just know that you're just making the topic worse instead of better.  Stuff could be shown on each side, but that happens every game. There were no fights, no dirty injuries, and the teams shook hands at the end of the game.  Let it be.

As far as the "fans"... Every team has them, unfortunately.  Why a grown man decides to bait high school players will never be clear to me.  A lot of those "tough" guys wouldn't be saying that stuff in a regular setting. Please don't judge us by them. 

Ridgeway will be interesting.  We've slowed them down about as well as anybody did this year.  Athleticism is not my worry as far as matching up goes.  It's hard to not be somewhat optimistic about this game, but make no mistake - we're the underdogs next Friday.  

The game was chippy. So what? It's playoff football.  I'm an advocate of playing to the whistle, getting back to your huddle, and doing it again, but that's not how football works every down. Just the nature of the game.  I've seen many teams a lot more "dirty" than Millington.  It doesn't make any of it right, but it's the truth.  Not all our players are perfect.  41, if you want to bring video into this thread, I guess you're allowed to.  Just know that you're just making the topic worse instead of better.  Stuff could be shown on each side, but that happens every game. There were no fights, no dirty injuries, and the teams shook hands at the end of the game.  Let it be.

As far as the "fans"... Every team has them, unfortunately.  Why a grown man decides to bait high school players will never be clear to me.  A lot of those "tough" guys wouldn't be saying that stuff in a regular setting. Please don't judge us by them. 

Ridgeway will be interesting.  We've slowed them down about as well as anybody did this year.  Athleticism is not my worry as far as matching up goes.  It's hard to not be somewhat optimistic about this game, but make no mistake - we're the underdogs next Friday.  

Well said Swarm....I could not have said it any better.

I agree with you on all but the fans part. Why would HC's staff allow the HC fans to crowd around the visitors side at a High School Game. We're not talking about a couple fans acting foolish we're talking about a crowd of grown men and women talking trash to individual players as they came off the field. As 44 was being helped off after he tried to go back in they where telling him how weak he was. That's just one of all night long and Thats the mild one. We do realize that the majority of HC fans are not that way, but that could have been prevented by keeping home fans on home side.  Great game either way and good luck the rest of the way.