Dobyns-Bennett 2015

tribecitizen

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The beauty of this is I can say whatever about the AD because he isn't my boss.The negative however is I can't do the hiring.If so.I'd put coach Clark in the AD position before sunset today and let him stay as the coach until he hired the best coach for the future of the program to " carry on "

So saw on the baseball boards that Coach Warner had left Jefferson County, gone to Gatlinburg-Pittman, then went to Easley High School in South Carolina. Your idea about Wagner becoming the football coach at DB would leave baseball vacant obviously, would Warner (a proven winner) be interested in the baseball job and come home again?

First things first.We have a great coach and I'd let him decide when when he wants to turn the program over to a younger coach.To build a building you have to start with the foundation. No question that if coach Clark were put in the AD position, a lot of things could happen fast.He could turn the coaching Job over ro coach Wagner and let him set his own staff.Then go get the best baseball coach fast.Coach Wagner might not even want the job and Clark could just go get the best football coach that's out there.Say what you will about our staff in place, but we already have a great staff.whenever and whoever is the next coach will not have to look far to have some great coaches.

First things first.We have a great coach and I'd let him decide when when he wants to turn the program over to a younger coach.To build a building you have to start with the foundation. No question that if coach Clark were put in the AD position, a lot of things could happen fast.He could turn the coaching Job over ro coach Wagner and let him set his own staff.Then go get the best baseball coach fast.Coach Wagner might not even want the job and Clark could just go get the best football coach that's out there.Say what you will about our staff in place, but we already have a great staff.whenever and whoever is the next coach will not have to look far to have some great coaches.

I rest my case.

Batman has plenty of thoughts on some things that could be done with the staff and changes that would help from the city league on up.That's not somewhere I'm willing to go.The new coach of the future will have to set who coaches what positions and who he brings in.

Maybe this is one of those times where if you don't have anything "bad" to say don't say anything at all. Don't take it personal. I'd probably be the same way if I were in your shoes.

Yep, it's a different ballgame when you have a kid in the system. As a parent, you just want your kid to give his all and be given a chance to "earn" his shot if he is good enough.You know a lot of the players and coaches and it is more of a family kind of thing.As a fan, you just want to win and don't give a shet who is coaching or playing as long as you get the W. It's a lot better to just be a fan sometimes and say what the hail you want.I do enough of it as it is.

Yep, it's a different ballgame when you have a kid in the system. As a parent, you just want your kid to give his all and be given a chance to "earn" his shot if he is good enough.You know a lot of the players and coaches and it is more of a family kind of thing.As a fan, you just want to win and don't give a shet who is coaching or playing as long as you get the W. It's a lot better to just be a fan sometimes and say what the hail you want.I do enough of it as it is.

i agree, you're actually WAY more vocal than you ever were before. In the past it was basically kick a, ask questions later....HA.....old age perhaps?

p.s. You cant have him, so dont even bother inquiring. go find the next GC somewhere else....hehehehe

Edited by BVDevil

Everyone understands your position Batman but as a fan and not a parent I can take my maroon/grey blinders off anytime. IMHO the Defense and Secondary coach needs to be moved to another position, maybe filling up the water bottles or running the scoreboard ads. We all see it in the real world out here all the time. Someone in a position they shouldn't be in but they knew somebody. It still doesn't change the facts. If you suck at your job you suck and that's it.

√√√

Everyone understands your position Batman but as a fan and not a parent I can take my maroon/grey blinders off anytime. IMHO the Defense and Secondary coach needs to be moved to another position, maybe filling up the water bottles or running the scoreboard ads. We all see it in the real world out here all the time. Someone in a position they shouldn't be in but they knew somebody. It still doesn't change the facts. If you suck at your job you suck and that's it.