Dobyns-Bennett 2015

tribecitizen

I understand both sides of this.I want to win and want my kids to be on the best possible team .My favorite coach in the world was coach Watson .For more then just being a good coach.He took what should have been a fullback and turned him into an undersized but first team all conference and NET defensive lineman.Coach Clark rewarded my last Indian with the annual football scholarship award as well.Yes I have respect for several of the staff members and like them.Yes I have one in the system and and don't want to put him under the 8 ball by saying so and so sucks.At the same time.If anyone is happy with the curb stomping we got friday night,they are upward bound material.I don't like to lose and I don't like having it rubbed in by every prik that hates DB.I don't care what changes have to be made to fix it,but I want it fixed.I'll do my part with what I can do,and the rest will have to be up to the other players and their dads and for sure and most important,the coaching staff.Roll Tribe !

I agree with everything you say here Batman. I don't want to see anybody lose their job or step down although anyone who did could pick up the same job at another school in the area pretty quickly. What I'd like to see is the coaches that are here to fix "their" problems. Enroll in every coaching clinic you can. Bring in a coaching consultant, do something. I don't know what goes on in practice but I do know that their game plan and being prepared to play is as bad as I have seen in by DB standards. Friday night, without question, and it was obvious, the coaching staff did not want to be there. Apart from having the right game plan as a coach you have to have positive body language and say the right things to your players before a game. Especially a big game. We haven't had that at DB since Watson left us. I thought while watching the Sevier Co. game this year, Wow! now that's the old coach Clark, he's back!  I felt like he left it all on the field, gambled a little and had a great game plan on offense. That was the only game this year where I thought he did a good job. The defense has been TERRIBLE for the past two years in every game (that counts). NOT THE PLAYERS. Old Ben Johnson was the manager of a local Grocery Store and everybody loved him. He was great with the employees and the customers thought he was awesome. He always had a funny joke and made people laugh. Then as time went along Old Ben started getting lazy and the goods in the store were not as fresh as they once were. Some customers just continued to buy the stale food and ridiculed the customers that complained. Even the owner of the store thought those complainers didn't know anything about running a grocery store. So he built a bigger store with a state of the art meet department. He bragged and bragged about the new store and everybody in town was excited. But when they came to shop they quickly noticed that the same stale food was on the shelf. Actually it was worse. Well, eventually the owner of the store had to close his door's because the customers stop coming. So there's that nice big grocery store sitting empty. Old Ben Johnson and a few of his x-employees still meet on Tuesday night for coffee to pat each other on the back and talk about the old times.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with everything you say here Batman. I don't want to see anybody lose their job or step down although anyone who did could pick up the same job at another school in the area pretty quickly. What I'd like to see is the coaches that are here to fix "their" problems. Enroll in every coaching clinic you can. Bring in a coaching consultant, do something. I don't know what goes on in practice but I do know that their game plan and being prepared to play is as bad as I have seen in by DB standards. Friday night, without question, and it was obvious, the coaching staff did not want to be there. Apart from having the right game plan as a coach you have to have positive body language and say the right things to your players before a game. Especially a big game. We haven't had that at DB since Watson left us. I thought while watching the Sevier Co. game this year, Wow! now that's the old coach Clark, he's back!  I felt like he left it all on the field, gambled a little and had a great game plan on offense. That was the only game this year where I thought he did a good job. The defense has been TERRIBLE for the past two years in every game (that counts). NOT THE PLAYERS. Old Ben Johnson was the manager of a local Grocery Store and everybody loved him. He was great with the employees and the customers thought he was awesome. He always had a funny joke and made people laugh. Then as time went along Old Ben started getting lazy and the goods in the store were not as fresh as they once were. Some customers just continued to buy the stale food and ridiculed the customers that complained. Even the owner of the store thought those complainers didn't know anything about running a grocery store. So he built a bigger store with a state of the art meet department. He bragged and bragged about the new store and everybody in town was excited. But when they came to shop they quickly noticed that the same stale food was on the shelf. Actually it was worse. Well, eventually the owner of the store had to close his door's because the customers stop coming. So there's that nice big grocery store sitting empty. Old Ben Johnson and a few of his x-employees still meet on Tuesday night for coffee to pat each other on the back and talk about the old times.

The only problem for batman is there is not another grocery store in Kingsport that I want to buy my food at.It might be stale food but I really don't like the brands they sale at the other stores.Besides,Ben has one of those one man bands at his store like Jerry van Dyke played on Andy Griffith

i happen to know coach ballard personally and he told me just a little while ago that it would take a tractor trailer full of money, a dump truck full of gold, seven bags of cheetos, a lifetime supply of krispy kremes and a new house next to the stadium to move to kingsport and take the DB job......oh wait, that was Phillip Fulmer i was talking to, nevermind.

i happen to know coach ballard personally and he told me just a little while ago that it would take a tractor trailer full of money, a dump truck full of gold, seven bags of cheetos, a lifetime supply of krispy kremes and a new house next to the stadium to move to kingsport and take the DB job......oh wait, that was Phillip Fulmer i was talking to, nevermind.

Do you rememeber what Fulmer said that day years ago when he hadn't been the coach very long.For everyone else who wasn't there...He was signing his name on an old UT hat for me and I said it would greatly improve the value of that old hat.He then said,"You might want to burn it one of these days"....Thats funny since you did make the vid about pizzing on and burning all your Kiffin stuff.I hadn't really thought about that until mow.

I don't think Ballard is the answer for DB so you can stop worrying about that. Besides, he can't even beat South. Actually I don't even know why anybody's talking about it because Clark ain't going anywhere anyway. Not until he decides.

Focusing on what returns and what will change personnel wise. I'm aware our stable of running backs returns, Dunn, Thompson, and Russell are a solid trio. Quarterback I assume will go to Maupin. Offensively who steps up on the offensive line and at receiver. I believe both units were senior laden.

Defensively...is there anybody to step up and play defensive line? Do we have any big uglies? Any young linebackers who can fill the void? Same for the secondary? I know most will say coaching, coaching, coaching, but I'm asking more about players here.

I'll bump my question. Curious to know what returns. Next years schedule will be a challenge, will need all hands on deck.

I'm not sure who all you have grouped in your "fans" list but I'll assume you have me in it. I obviously post here a lot. I don't know if your a coach, a coaches wife, dad or relative or just another "fan" like the rest of us. I will say that was smart of you to keep bringing up the "players" in your post to try and bring sympathy to your argument. Actually that borders on pathetic because your not going to convince any posters here that they have been complaining about players. If you bother you can go back and read post after post praising the players. I haven't heard any disparaging remarks from the stands about the players but your right about the coaches. I've heard plenty of that. People see what they see. Some I agree are a little over the top. But all in all it's a no brainer the coaching staff is not doing a very good job of doing the things they need to do to win games. So lets stop with the grade school mentality. This is all about the performance of the coaches. All very good men, all very good to the kids, there is no question. Have they done a good job of coaching and preparing the team(s) to play the games? You would have to be a complete moron to answer yes. Look at the stats and get back to me. And if you do, omit Volunteer, Central and DC from you research. I could round up a group of 40yr. old men in my neighborhood and beat those teams. We "fans" don't allow any "stat padding" here on the message boards. Here's something else you might want to consider. The "fans" are the ones that are paying the bills. From what I can tell looks like about 75% of the fans at the games are "very unhappy" with the coaching at DB. If it continues (and it will) then your going to lose 75% of your fan base. Your going to see what happens to DB athletics when you lose 75% of that gate money at football games. This is much bigger than two or three coaches.

One more thing. I just wanted to point out that you called everybody out for posting on a message board and not being a man...............by posting on a message board.  Ironic! :rolleyes:

Yes, I realized the irony as I posted my message.  I deserved that!  I just thought I would go where the person/people I was talking about hung out. 

I sat in the stands Friday night listening to an obnoxious "wannabe" or "never was:" ramble on about the players giving up, and said he hoped Science Hill hung 50 on us.  That was a few minutes before he got up and left the game early (gave up).  Wanna talk about ironic?? These kids bust their butts every day in practice and every Friday night, just to have some goofball trying to live vicariously through high school football say they gave up, and he hopes the other team piles it on them?  If there is a kid in the program or a parent who would tolerate listening to this jackwagon talk about their kids like that, they have more restraint than I would.  I've watched games for several years because I knew many of the kids coming through the program and I wanted to support their hard work.  Never have I wanted to tell them they gave up if they had a bad game, nor would I even consider it. 

If you want to lambaste the coaches from the stands during the game, that's your business.  The sane among us will just sit and laugh about how stupid it makes you look.  It's kinda like standing in front of the microwave yelling "HURRY!!!"  It's not gonna change anything.  Your popcorn is still gonna take 2 minutes. Maybe if enough people complain about it though, Orville Redenbacher will genetically mutate some corn that will pop in a minute and a half.  So keep it up.

I'm not sure about your math or how you're selecting your population to get to a 75% disaproval rating for the coaches.  I'm really not sure how that would even impact gate money.  Granted, I've only been going to games for just over 15 years, so I'm not as steeped in DB history as many of you I'm sure. However, I'm just not foolish enough to believe that 75% of the people coming out on Friday nights are going to suddenly stop going.  You know why?  Because most of them are rational, and understand they are supporting a group of kids.  They're not there so they can get into a message board pizzing contest.   I'm sure there's some irony in that statement too, but when you're talking to kids (or someone else who may not understand rational thinking) you have to speak on their level, and go to their sandbox.

I'll be there in the stands next year supporting the kids in the program. I'll probably be supporting the coaches too.  I'll definitely complain about the popcorn taking too long, and the cheese on my nachos being too cold.  I can't believe those people running the concessions don't do a better job than that!!! (In case you didn't catch that, it was sarcasm)

Yes, I realized the irony as I posted my message.  I deserved that!  I just thought I would go where the person/people I was talking about hung out. 

I sat in the stands Friday night listening to an obnoxious "wannabe" or "never was:" ramble on about the players giving up, and said he hoped Science Hill hung 50 on us.  That was a few minutes before he got up and left the game early (gave up).  Wanna talk about ironic?? These kids bust their butts every day in practice and every Friday night, just to have some goofball trying to live vicariously through high school football say they gave up, and he hopes the other team piles it on them?  If there is a kid in the program or a parent who would tolerate listening to this jackwagon talk about their kids like that, they have more restraint than I would.  I've watched games for several years because I knew many of the kids coming through the program and I wanted to support their hard work.  Never have I wanted to tell them they gave up if they had a bad game, nor would I even consider it. 

If you want to lambaste the coaches from the stands during the game, that's your business.  The sane among us will just sit and laugh about how stupid it makes you look.  It's kinda like standing in front of the microwave yelling "HURRY!!!"  It's not gonna change anything.  Your popcorn is still gonna take 2 minutes. Maybe if enough people complain about it though, Orville Redenbacher will genetically mutate some corn that will pop in a minute and a half.  So keep it up.

I'm not sure about your math or how you're selecting your population to get to a 75% disaproval rating for the coaches.  I'm really not sure how that would even impact gate money.  Granted, I've only been going to games for just over 15 years, so I'm not as steeped in DB history as many of you I'm sure. However, I'm just not foolish enough to believe that 75% of the people coming out on Friday nights are going to suddenly stop going.  You know why?  Because most of them are rational, and understand they are supporting a group of kids.  They're not there so they can get into a message board pizzing contest.   I'm sure there's some irony in that statement too, but when you're talking to kids (or someone else who may not understand rational thinking) you have to speak on their level, and go to their sandbox.

I'll be there in the stands next year supporting the kids in the program. I'll probably be supporting the coaches too.  I'll definitely complain about the popcorn taking too long, and the cheese on my nachos being too cold.  I can't believe those people running the concessions don't do a better job than that!!! (In case you didn't catch that, it was sarcasm)

I bet you thought Roseanne Barr did a good job singing the National Anthem.

I'll bump my question. Curious to know what returns. Next years schedule will be a challenge, will need all hands on deck.

Tribe - you are so right about next year, DB no longer gets ho-hum easy wins against the local outmanned 5A schools.     Playing better competition each week is supposed to improve your team and make you better, so let's hope that works out for DB.      I can tell you that this year Boone played the following back to back:    South, DB, Greeneville, Tenn High and Science Hill.     We lost all those games, in fact got blown out by an avg score of 47-6.    It did not make Boone a better team playing all those guys.    And now we have to factor in a ton of travel as well....