Dobyns-Bennett 2015

tribecitizen

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tribe - you are so right about next year, DB no longer gets ho-hum easy wins against the local outmanned 5A schools.     Playing better competition each week is supposed to improve your team and make you better, so let's hope that works out for DB.      I can tell you that this year Boone played the following back to back:    South, DB, Greeneville, Tenn High and Science Hill.     We lost all those games, in fact got blown out by an avg score of 47-6.    It did not make Boone a better team playing all those guys.    And now we have to factor in a ton of travel as well....

Jefferson County, Knox Bearden, and William Blount all were not very good this season. I don't think that will continue. I liken it to playing the lower level SEC teams, they may not be as good as those at the top, but they're still competitive and will give a good team a scare or an upset every now and then. We'll see, we'll see.

Also, I'll say this, it makes me a lot more interested in going to every home game next year than it did the last four years.

Edited by tribecitizen

Most of the DB'ers don't care for Carter (that is for a thread of its own...) but one thing you have to agree on, he seems to play the best players regardless of age, social status or whatever because he is in it to win it.     I would guess Quarles is the same way.     And Vince "winning isn't everything, its the only thing" Lombardi would agree.

In parting, I know most of us Tri-cities folks will be dropping off Coacht football until next summer, so Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year etc. to all of you in the TRI