Dobyns-Bennett 2015

tribecitizen

Unless they do a complete rebuild of the coaching staff on the defense side (and they won't) your looking at a 4-6 or 5-5 record. And not one of those 4 or 5 wins is a guarantee.

That's a guaranteed losing record.I'm not down enough to say we will suck that bad.I'd love to see two or three things happen and it would have an impact that would take us to another level.That won't happen either.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a guaranteed losing record.I'm not down enough to say we will suck that bad.I'd love to see two or three things happen and it would have an impact that would take us to another level.That won't happen either.

I have a good ideal what your talking about. Things are going to have to get a lot worse before it gets better. That's the way it happens in situations like this. It's a shame that ego's and stupidity have taken over but it will fix itself over the span of the next 5 years. The great classes coming up will be squandered through this process though. And that's a shame.

I just dont see how 4- 5 of these teams on the schedule could be better than DB even with our coaches back ! I guess we have a year to find out and battle how bad or how good they will be !! Im supportive of these kids and the ones i have spoke with are excited about next year !!

Well none of us know for sure how things will turn out. I'm basing my "best educated guess" on if there are no changes to the coaching staff on the defense side. William Blount, Jeff. Co. and Bearden are teams that have been up and down over the years. They've been down the past two years so their probably due to have good teams. Would have to hear from some of their fans to find out what their going to have next year. Either way DB will have to play 4 qtrs. to beat them. Harden Valley I don't know much about except they gave Maryville their hardest game this year. Tennessee High beats DB once every 8 to 10 years and their not due yet so I'm counting that one a win. I don't think DB would be favored to beat any of the other teams. We've got a nice stadium though. That's the main thing. 

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Well none of us know for sure how things will turn out. I'm basing my "best educated guess" on if there are no changes to the coaching staff on the defense side. William Blount, Jeff. Co. and Bearden are teams that have been up and down over the years. They've been down the past two years so their probably due to have good teams. Would have to hear from some of their fans to find out what their going to have next year. Either way DB will have to play 4 qtrs. to beat them. Harden Valley I don't know much about except they gave Maryville their hardest game this year. Tennessee High beats DB once every 8 to 10 years and their not due yet so I'm counting that one a win. I don't think DB would be favored to beat any of the other teams. We've got a nice stadium though. That's the main thing.

Waco,

WB has been down since '07. The best we have done is 3-7 since then. We would have been 4-6 in 2011 but the Knox Central win had to be vacated because we played an ineligible player. This program will not improve until those in charge go out and get us a quality coach. We have proven that we can be a dang tough football team with a good coaching staff but none of that matters right now because we are using the good ole boy system. However, rumor is Our current Head coach/Athletic Director is looking into hiring a new head coach and plans to step down if he can find the right guy. But i'm not holding my breath on that one... So unless things change you can go ahead and put WB down as a win for DB. Being a huge WB homer it pains me to say that but it's the God's honest truth. And all that i've heard about Jeff Co seems to indicate that the same things are happening there.

Edited by Governors91

Waco,

WB has been down since '07. The best we have done is 3-7 since then. We would have been 4-6 in 2011 but the Knox Central win had to be vacated because we played an ineligible player. This program will not improve until those in charge go out and get us a quality coach. We have proven that we can be a dang tough football team with a good coaching staff but none of that matters right now because we are using the good ole boy system. However, rumor is Our current Head coach/Athletic Director is looking into hiring a new head coach and plans to step down if he can find the right guy. But i'm not holding my breath on that one... So unless things change you can go ahead and put WB down as a win for DB. Being a huge WB homer it pains me to say that but it's the God's honest truth. And all that i've heard about Jeff Co seems to indicate that the same things are happening there.

I sit with the WB fans in our 07 game.Great fans.You beat us by 10 and we started 1-3 including a one point loss to Bearden.Bearden should have won the State that year.

I sit with the WB fans in our 07 game.Great fans.You beat us by 10 and we started 1-3 including a one point loss to Bearden.Bearden should have won the State that year.

Well we can agree to disagree on that. IMO WB should have never lost to Bearden. If you look at all the common opponents that year WB beat all those teams worse than Bearden did. Going into the playoff game with Bearden we were highly favored to win that game. But that night alot of our starters were playing with the flu. Plus we had won 4 or 5 games in a row easily and were prolly expecting a cakewalk. It was the perfect storm for bearden to beat our azzes and they did. No disrespect to bearden, they had a great year but if you ask most WB fans they will tell you we should have beat them. We just had an off-night against a team that was firing on all cylinders. It was a very disappointing way for us to end the season. I have hated bearden ever since. Edited by Governors91

Bearden done what we all should do that year.That's get hot at playoff time.We had them beat as well but let them get around the end on a bad extra point snap.

True, they won the game and that's all that really matters now... But... If WB had come out and played like they did the past 4 or 5 weeks they would have won that game easily. Earlier in that year Mickey Dearstone, Bearden's radio guy, even said WB was the best "all around" East Tn 5A team. That oughta tell you something... This came straight from the guy who saw Bearden play every single week. The fact is WB crapped the bed and ended up losing in the 2nd round when we should have went to state. Kudos to Bearden for getting hot at the right time but WB should have won that game. We had an overwhelming size advantage over them but played with zero passion and physicality.. If we had played as hard as we did in the regular season we would have dominated them.

Waco and Batman, I haven't followed DB too much this year, but here lately have seen a lot of contempt on here for the coaching staff.  I know some people have been after Graham for a while, but it's starting to seem like people are really upset with some other parts of the staff.  Is this a new development or an old story that needs to be a new development?  Everything I've seen on here over the past couple of years is how talented these classes are coming up.  Is the coaching staff really THAT bad to squander a really good group of athletes?  Seriously, I'm just asking.  Not trying to troll or stir the pot.

I'll try to be as honest as I can BPP.We do have some good players in the system.If we had the whole Maryville staff,I really don't know if we would have enough talent to win the state with those players and that staff.So,I can't put it all on just one part.There is no question that several things could be improved in Kingsport.Starting with our youth programs on up through the middle schools and high school.Coach has some good staff members and they do a great job.I think the world of a few of those guys and so do my kids.I can't really say much more on that subject .