Dobyns-Bennett 2015

tribecitizen

i agree, you're actually WAY more vocal than you ever were before. In the past it was basically kick a, ask questions later....HA.....old age perhaps?

You mean in the past instead of saying that umbrella has to go two weeks ago.It would have went.I guess you think about things a little more as you get older.Not so much when your younger.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

p.s. You cant have him, so dont even bother inquiring. go find the next GC somewhere else....hehehehe

If it ever played out that way down the road,you could always trade in the green hat and follow coach B up to Kingsport :mrgreen: .Get me and you both a press pass when we go to the state with our maroon and grey on :idea:

Edited by BatmanDB

First things first.We have a great coach and I'd let him decide when when he wants to turn the program over to a younger coach.To build a building you have to start with the foundation. No question that if coach Clark were put in the AD position, a lot of things could happen fast.He could turn the coaching Job over ro coach Wagner and let him set his own staff.Then go get the best baseball coach fast.Coach Wagner might not even want the job and Clark could just go get the best football coach that's out there.Say what you will about our staff in place, but we already have a great staff.whenever and whoever is the next coach will not have to look far to have some great coaches.

First, there are plenty of folks that would debate your point about Clark being a great coach. I can tell you that very few in the Knoxville area consider him to be great, and that is solely based on his playoff record. His record is not debatable, and it is not a matter of interpretation. It is what it is, and as a coach you simply are what your record says you are.

Clark has been the coach for an eternity now, and he has had ample time to 'build a foundation'. If the foundation still needs to be built, he is either doesnt want to build it or he is incapable of doing so. Either way, the result is the same.

With all due respect, the concept of hiring the baseball coach as a replacement is simply bizarre. On several levels.

Everyone understands your position Batman but as a fan and not a parent I can take my maroon/grey blinders off anytime. IMHO the Defense and Secondary coach needs to be moved to another position, maybe filling up the water bottles or running the scoreboard ads. We all see it in the real world out here all the time. Someone in a position they shouldn't be in but they knew somebody. It still doesn't change the facts. If you suck at your job you suck and that's it.

Yep.

I know a few teams one being in ga that was kinda in our postion for years .. after much debate they went after a great coach "rush propst" one of the best ,his pay is 90,000.00 !! Since they have got him they have won 3 state champs in last 4 years . before rush they where a confrence winner/competitor each year !!! Im not saying DB could go out and get the best coach in country, but again why cant they go out and get a great one from out of state ? Facilities , the school, the level of talent and the pay could be very competitive ! We built this great staduim and now we need to build a great staff .. I think the AD is in the way of DB being great !! !!

Edited by kingindian33

From a DB fan's perspective we get new teams coming through, get to play old 5A-R1 rivals again, and schedule a strong non-conference schedule without having to worry about making the playoffs. Finish top 4 in Region and host a playoff game against somebody from down the way. I don't foresee us winning a gold ball but it should be much more interesting than what we've recently had.

This will be a tough schedule but i like it !! Change is needed and Now DB wont have to put up with the "but you guys dont play anyone comment" ! Like i said its going to be tough but its hit DB at the right time with the caliber athelets they have coming up thru the system all the way back to 8th grade ! If and win it happens and coach Clark leaves i think it will help get any coach out there !!

Edited by kingindian33

This will be a tough schedule but i like it !! Change is needed and Now DB wont have to put up with the "but you guys dont play anyone comment" ! Like i said its going to be tough but its hit DB at the right time with the caliber athelets they have coming up thru the system all the way back to 8th grade ! If and win it happens and coach Clark leaves i think it will help get any coach out there !!

I think DB had it's best teams when they were playing in the old Big East conference against competition much like they'll see in the next two years. I think the competition made them better and it should have the same effect this time around. DB also advanced farther in the playoffs during those years. When they formed the Big East I remember the haters saying it was the end of the DB dominance because they couldn't compete with those big schools  around the Knoxville area. But DB dominated the Big East winning the conference every year except one. DB will be fine with the new lineup "IF" they do something about the defense. If not, they'll be lucky to win 5 games. I don't care how much talent they have coming up. One of the biggest reasons DB had success in the Big East was because of the great coaching on the defense side by Darrell Watson.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Your right "there has to be something done in the off season with the way the defense is coached" ..any great coach would see that is where the fault lies and if Graham cant set friendship aside and fix the problems, then 5 wins is correct !it has to be done for the players and the fans ..

I think DB had it's best teams when they were playing in the old Big East conference against competition much like they'll see in the next two years. I think the competition made them better and it should have the same effect this time around. DB also advanced farther in the playoffs during those years. When they formed the Big East I remember the haters saying it was the end of the DB dominance because they couldn't compete with those big schools around the Knoxville area. But DB dominated the Big East winning the conference every year except one. DB will be fine with the new lineup "IF" they do something about the defense. If not, they'll be lucky to win 5 games. I don't care how much talent they have coming up. One of the biggest reasons DB had success in the Big East was because of the great coaching on the defense side by Darrell Watson.

Edited by kingindian33