Beech vs Shelbyville.

BURebels

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You give beech the advantage for runningbacks and linebackers but Shelbyville's runningback Michael Eddings has more yards than beech's... And Michael Imes at middle linebacker for Shelbyville was preseason all state and has more tackles than anyone on beech.

Beech has split carries amongst several backs all year, so years age for one individual doesn't equate. Strength of schedule may have something to do with it as well. I haven't seen shelbyville's RB, but I would be willing to bet it's advantage Beech.

Beech has split carries amongst several backs all year, so years age for one individual doesn't equate. Strength of schedule may have something to do with it as well. I haven't seen shelbyville's RB, but I would be willing to bet it's advantage Beech.

Shelbyville has only recorded 10 games that I found and beech has all 11. With that said beech leads rushing by about 1000 yards but they also have 18 fumbles to Shelbyville's 1. Turnovers lose games. I do think it will be a good game but I say if Shelbyville scores more than 30 they will win and I do believe they will.

Shelbyville has only recorded 10 games that I found and beech has all 11. With that said beech leads rushing by about 1000 yards but they also have 18 fumbles to Shelbyville's 1. Turnovers lose games. I do think it will be a good game but I say if Shelbyville scores more than 30 they will win and I do believe they will.

Shelbyville may very win, but their schedule has been VERY favorable. I believe they may see two of the best backs they've seen all year. Edited by eers

I typically agree with the majority of your posts, however I believe this one is way off track. A couple if things, have you seen Beech play? Or Hillsboro? Beech has a lot of talent, but have had trouble coming together and playing complete games at times and being up and down from week to week. That said, Herve played well there last few games and I expect the same this week. BTW, the majority of their playmakers are underclassmen as well. Hillsboro isn't as good as what the scores show. They certainly have athletes, but a disciplined and controlled power running game will give them fits, IMO. Offensively, they make big plays, but have trouble putting sustained drives together. That is a recipe for disaster, besides I believe they will have their hands full this week with Springfield.

Again, I'll take Beech in a close one. They played a tough schedule, one I believe shelbyville would have struggled with.

Have not seen either team live this year.   I have seen Beech televised a couple of times.   I spend a great deal of time studying teams each season and that was my opinion.   Everyone has one and no one is correct all the time.  We shall see tonight.  

You give beech the advantage for runningbacks and linebackers but Shelbyville's runningback Michael Eddings has more yards than beech's... And Michael Imes at middle linebacker for Shelbyville was preseason all state and has more tackles than anyone on beech.

Michael Eddings is the best back I've seen this year.  He is a little hampered by injury, but still has managed to rush for over 200 yards in each of the last two games.   Watch out for Bailey to have a big game if too much focus is given to Eddings.  He's a much better second option than most schools have.   If Shelbyville limits mistakes, Beech won't stop that offense.   Shelbyville has shot themselves in the foot in games this season were they struggled.  If they play smart, you'll see a high scoring game that Shelbyville will win.   If they make early mistakes, Beech will likely get the win.