Beech vs Shelbyville.

BURebels

Beech has split carries amongst several backs all year, so years age for one individual doesn't equate. Strength of schedule may have something to do with it as well. I haven't seen shelbyville's RB, but I would be willing to bet it's advantage Beech.

Shelbyvilles District is down this year.  Non-district games with Marshall County and Franklin improved their schedule some.

District Nine is down this year as well, outside of Hendersonville, no dominant teams.   Henry County was a nice out of District pickup.  Independence now doesn't appear to be as good as we all thought following the Blackman game.

The Columbia comeback had to concern you guys a little.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually they see alot of Wing. Franklin County, Lawrence County and Lincoln County run it.

Eers was talking about seeing it tonight. I think Shelbyville wins this one but if Shelbyville has trouble stopping the run then Beech will eat them alive. Beech has a pathetic passing game and the defense is very suspect but the running game is very very good.

Springfield's 23-7 Week Ten loss to Clarksville which Shelbyville beat by 19 points last week de-valued their ability to beat Hillsboro.  I had Hillsboro as Number two team in preseason.  Obviously I think pretty highly of them.

I know it is impossible to know all of the circumstances surrounding every single game, BUT, Springfield had several players out, and for what it is worth Gallitan is actually better than Clarksville so I would put more stock into that game than the Springfield/Clarksville game. Having said that, I believe Hillsboro should be favored, but it is not the fore gone conclusion that most seem to think. Springfield at their best will be a tough out for Hillsboro, this is what I love about high school football, things are not always what they seem.....

Just never crazy about people talking like a game is so 1 sided, they talk as if the game has already been played, they actually have to play the game and beat the team. I never talk like that about any game, no matter how sure I am of 1 team beating the other.....

Edited by Kevin38

I know it is impossible to know all of the circumstances surrounding every single game, BUT, Springfield had several players out, and for what it is worth Gallitan is actually better than Clarksville so I would put more stock into that game than the Springfield/Clarksville game. Having said that, I believe Hillsboro should be favored, but it is not the fore gone conclusion that most seem to think. Springfield at their best will be a tough out for Hillsboro, this is what I ;love about high school football, things are not always what they seem.....

Just never crazy about people talking like a game is so 1 sided, they talk as if the game has already been played, they actually have to play the game and beat the team. I never talk like that about any game, no matter how sure I am of 1 team beating the other.....

Springfield vs Hillsboro is making every thread.  it must be the game to see this week

Shelbyville hasn't seen a run game like Beech's. Beech is big up front with solid linebacker play. Shelbyville has a great run game themselves and I think it comes down to who can stop the run game and I think S'Ville has more trouble doing so. Also, PS: I think the kicker makes a difference. I'll take Beech in a very close one 31-28