How Good is Camden

heatwave

If papatiger were on here I would ask him to defend you after this comment Alex. I would love to see his explanation for why your mouth keeps writing checks that your tail cannot cash.

Ok, so someone called me and told me that you had mentioned me wanting me to respond. Alex gets a little excited sometimes and his comments aren't really meant to demean anyone even though that did look that way, he just wants to be a part of the discussion and his passion and love for football, causes him to word things wrong sometime. Having known Alex for a while, I know he would not want to cause harm or hurt to anyone. I don't live in the Waverly area any more but I did graduate from there and broadcast the games on the radio for several years before moving. I'm good friends with "Flash" from Camden and I think you guys in Camden have a great program going and it is great to see Waverly back to where they used to be years ago. Having said that, there is a reason they play the games because common opponents don't necessarily determine the outcome. Here's hoping that Camden and Waverly win their games this week. Hope for an injury free game for all teams.

Johnny Jones is better than Brown. Jones might be the best High School running back  in this area in a long time. He does have a better O'line, but he also goes against better defenses than Brown. And I know Camden is not going to lay down. 

I haven't seen Johnny Jones play. What I do know is that being coached by Ward and the yards he has put up so far this year, he has to be an awsome player. I was going somewhat off of something that was said by the Milan fans about the large line that is blocking for him. I think that Brown might be as good as Jones. If Camden opened lane for Brown like Jones line does for him who knows. I looked at yards per carry also and Brown is slightly ahead in that catigory. If Camden doesn't win this Friday night, I would really like to see Jones play. I will say this. Brown is fast, real fast, agile, can cut on a dime and elusive. He's strong and very hard to bring down and has a stiff arm that has left many defenders layin on the turf watching him score touchdowns. Next yesr, If he can put on ten pounds and not cost him any speed who knows. I know he is someone to be reconed with now. Really looking forward to this Friday night, cold or not. I pray that neither team suffers any serious injuries. God knows there have been enough already.

I have seen both Johnny Jones and Deshawn Brown play.

To me Johnny is better, but Deshawn is right behind him.

Both player are very good and both player can do a lot damage if their O LINE BLOCK  and win the battle up front..

Both player are very special in their on way  and when they get good blocks they can leave you in the dust at any time.

Johnny got more moves and Deshawn is more powerful ! ! ! ! ! !

Johnny is a little faster ! ! ! ! ! !

Deshawn is a little stronger ! ! ! ! ! !

Johnny is more experiment  ! ! ! ! !

Deshawn is just a junior ! ! ! ! ! ! 

If they get in the open field, they will be gone like a cool breezy ! ! ! ! ! !

Edited by heatwave

Which Camden team is better 2010 or 2014 ! ! ! ! ! !

I think the 2010 team is better, but if Deshawn Brown was on the 2010 team Camden would have when to Cookeville in 2010.

The 2010 team would rip the arms off these boys and beat them to death with them it was big fast and strong all over...but that 2010 was a once in a blue moon team for a country school like us. They could have given anyone a run for their money had Brown been on that team..

I like the kids we got now...hard working bunch and they really like one another,no head cases on the team...  Going to miss the all of the seniors next year but at the same time this years sophmores and Juniors are going to have one heck of a team next year too.. Have to love being part of a fantastic program in a  football town with coaches that put in the hard work right next to the boys

The 2010 team would rip the arms off these boys and beat them to death with them it was big fast and strong all over...but that 2010 was a once in a blue moon team for a country school like us. They could have given anyone a run for their money had Brown been on that team..

I like the kids we got now...hard working bunch and they really like one another,no head cases on the team...  Going to miss the all of the seniors next year but at the same time this years sophmores and Juniors are going to have one heck of a team next year too.. Have to love being part of a fantastic program in a  football town with coaches that put in the hard work right next to the boys

I agree 100%

The good thing about the shotgun wing T offense is that less athletic teams can compete with very athletic teams. The spinners and traps will keep the very athletic teams from flowing hard to your base plays. The double team blocks, wedges and pulling give your team numbers advantages at the point of attack so even smaller or weaker linemen can have success. The tight splits, misdirection and pulling lineman help even very average backs to put up big numbers with this offense.

Edited by heatwave

Less athletic teams nearly always perform better if they tighten their splits down, double team block and pull to have overwhelming number at the point of attack. Less athletic teams need to run traps and other close quarter running plays like wedge in order to keep more athletic teams at bay. The less athletic team need run lots of misdirection to keep the defense moving away from the play, while they run it between the tackles. The spinner series is kryptonite to the superman on these squads. There are some plays that make no sense against teams like this, sweeps drop back passes, deep reverses, these will be negative yardage plays.

I have seen both Johnny Jones and Deshawn Brown play.

To me Johnny is better, but Deshawn is right behind him.

Both player are very good and both player can do a lot damage if their O LINE BLOCK  and win the battle up front..

Both player are very special in their on way  and when they get good blocks they can leave you in the dust at any time.

Johnny got more moves and Deshawn is more powerful ! ! ! ! ! !

Johnny is a little faster ! ! ! ! ! !

Deshawn is a little stronger ! ! ! ! ! !

Johnny is more experiment  ! ! ! ! !

Deshawn is just a junior ! ! ! ! ! ! 

If they get in the open field, they will be gone like a cool breezy ! ! ! ! ! !

That's right.

Camden I think, is better in 11AA than their record reflects. Huntingdon should never have beat them. If they were doing then what they are doing now I don't think Camden would have lost but we'll never know. One play and a couple of missed extra points and Waverly might have not beat them. We'll never know that either. We will see what if they can play with Milan tomorrow night. I hope Camden steps up and plays their best game this year because I think they will have to.  I know those boys are capable and I look for a good ball game with Camden the winner 28-21. See you tomorrow night Milan 

Camden I think, is better in 11AA than their record reflects. Huntingdon should never have beat them. If they were doing then what they are doing now I don't think Camden would have lost but we'll never know. One play and a couple of missed extra points and Waverly might have not beat them. We'll never know that either. We will see what if they can play with Milan tomorrow night. I hope Camden steps up and plays their best game this year because I think they will have to. I know those boys are capable and I look for a good ball game with Camden the winner 28-21. See you tomorrow night Milan

Much respect for you guys.... definitely are capable of winning this game. BUT STRAP IT UP TIGHT!!! WE BRINGIN' DA WOOD!!!!