Big Games in Memphis, Play-offs - 2nd Round (D1) & Quarterfinals (D2)

kwc

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game 1: Carver @ McKenzie

Game 2: Dyersburg @ Trezevant

Game 3: Hardin Co. @ Ridgeway

Game 4: Millington @ Henry Co.

Game 5: Rossview at Whitehaven

Game 6: Houston @ Arlington

Game: 7 Friendship Christian @ St. George's

Game 8: FRA @ ECS

Game 9: Briarcrest @ Ensworth

Game 10: Brentwood Aca. @ MUS

Game 11: Baylor @ CBHS

School system does not own Halle nor Fairgrounds, so I don't see it happening any time soon. It would make sense for sure, as much action as those fields get.

True. But the City school system never owned he fields either. Never have. They are ownd and maintained by the city government. I don't see that the Shelby County School Board would have anything to do with the field upgrades. Not unless i'm missing some information.

True. But the City school system never owned he fields either. Never have. They are ownd and maintained by the city government. I don't see that the Shelby County School Board would have anything to do with the field upgrades. Not unless i'm missing some information.

Fairgrounds, Halle and JP Freeman are not directly affiliated with any ONE particular High School Football Program, thus the City would likely have to make a decision to make those fields Field-Turf... All the other Inner City Fields are MIAA controlled, to some degree. However with places like Whitehaven, Melrose, Kirby, Crump Stadium, etc, they clearly have ONE particular High School Football Program affiliated with those sites thus the School/Team Booster Club can raise enough money to take to the School Board/City Council to get the Field -Turf installed... Melrose had the field turf first because they raised the funds. I think WE had the money before Central but Boss Crump politics got Crump Stadium done before Da Haven... So, yes, the City and School Board has something to do with those Stadiums and I think its best for Halle and the Fairgrounds to stay Grass; JP Freeman too.

There needs to be an effort to open more Inner city stadiums... All the sharing, while not necessarily a bad thing, should be re-evaluated... Westwood had a stadium that could be re-opened... Greenhill should be re-done if possible and re-opened... East has enough room to have a Oakhaven size stadium, I think the city should look into doing something for them... Ridgeway simply needs lighting and a few more stands and they could have a REAL home field.  Those are just the places that I can think of off the top of my head. A Home Stadium allows more revenue and more pride.

(steps off Soap box)