The State of Bearden Volleyball

bigbluevolley

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The "agenda" from the get go was to coach his daughter.  My take is that the KVA thing was an agenda too, but it was 2nd.  First and foremost was always to be involved directly with his daughter.  Sadly, I think it hurt her a lot more than it helped.  That girl had small D1 potential...smh.  Those "agendas" are what hurt Bearden and why the next coach shouldn't have relatives on the team or a close club affiliation.  Coaching at one is ok, but recruiting for your club while in that coaching position is a definite no-no.

2players. I happen to agree with all of that. I have witnessed a lot of parent maneuvering in the last 10 years but never to this extreme. I think Phillyal is probably right on target. Opening up a new club in order to make sure of a "1" team position and then hiding behind the pretense of (you are doing it so others can have an alternative) is very funny. Like I said I've seen a lot of parent "posturing" for their kid but this one ranks far and away the highest.

I think KVA may be in trouble. The interest of running a club next year might not be there. That combined with the close association with CBFO and the people who run it is a perceived problem.

If Anderson County opens their club up to other schools, which I suspect will happen after they get thru a club season, it will offer a better alternative to K2 then KVA. KVA wants to be K2 and they don't have the coaching or the facility. They are way to high for what they get. Anderson County has a deep pool of potential coaches. If they ran a non power club, only used coaches with actual experience as opposed to girls that just graduated high school, and got fees between 1500 -1000 dollars, played 7-9 tournaments, there is a market for that, especially for north Knoxville which is growing. All of the AC people, players and coaches, left KVA together. I think the sun is setting on the "agenda."

Sad that Bearden had to pay the price.

I think KVA may be in trouble. The interest of running a club next year might not be there. That combined with the close association with CBFO and the people who run it is a perceived problem.

If Anderson County opens their club up to other schools, which I suspect will happen after they get thru a club season, it will offer a better alternative to K2 then KVA. KVA wants to be K2 and they don't have the coaching or the facility. They are way to high for what they get. Anderson County has a deep pool of potential coaches. If they ran a non power club, only used coaches with actual experience as opposed to girls that just graduated high school, and got fees between 1500 -1000 dollars, played 7-9 tournaments, there is a market for that, especially for north Knoxville which is growing. All of the AC people, players and coaches, left KVA together. I think the sun is setting on the "agenda."

Sad that Bearden had to pay the price.

How are you going to play in 7-9 tournaments and keep the cost between $1,000-$1,500? NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Unless you are playing in middle school tournaments and wearing gym shorts and a t shirt. You will not be competing in good tournaments though.

• 2 weeks later...