3a region 4 2015

It's way too early to tell. I said 5-5 was realistic a few weeks ago. They could be very good and still lose 5 games. The first 'boro game with Siegel will be a good barometer.

agree, but even if every team (Smyrna,Oakland,Blackman,Riverdale,Siegel) had played UH game one....I don't see any just beating them by 8. So either UH is a lot better than we all thought, or CHS is a lot worse. Next few weeks should tell us which it was.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agree, but even if every team (Smyrna,Oakland,Blackman,Riverdale,Siegel) had played UH game one....I don't see any just beating them by 8. So either UH is a lot better than we all thought, or CHS is a lot worse. Next few weeks should tell us which it was.

I think it's a combination of both. When CHS plays a team with depth they won't be able to run the ball for 60 yards a carry like the did against UHS. They will have to eliminate the mistakes to compete with their region. UHS has a talented offense but our defense looked really tired at half. The good news is most other 3a schools will be tired also due to lack of depth.

I think it's a combination of both. When CHS plays a team with depth they won't be able to run the ball for 60 yards a carry like the did against UHS. They will have to eliminate the mistakes to compete with their region. UHS has a talented offense but our defense looked really tired at half. The good news is most other 3a schools will be tired also due to lack of depth.

with 88 kids, but 20 that actually see the field, UH did get tired. Gomez being out and being one of the top defenders veres the run didn't help. Teams like Cookeville with 140 kids, 100 dress and freshman don't dress, can play 25-35 kids a wear down 3a teams. That won't happen down the road for them. And I agree, UH is a little better than expected, CHS a little worse. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

with 88 kids, but 20 that actually see the field, UH did get tired. Gomez being out and being one of the top defenders veres the run didn't help. Teams like Cookeville with 140 kids, 100 dress and freshman don't dress, can play 25-35 kids a wear down 3a teams. That won't happen down the road for them. And I agree, UH is a little better than expected, CHS a little worse.

You really have no clue. You are the one that hyped Cookeville. You are the one that dissed the U. You based it on jamborees & scrimmages. How many times have I told you...neither mean much? If those teams played again this week...CHS wins by 40.

You really have no clue. You are the one that hyped Cookeville. You are the one that dissed the U. You based it on jamborees & scrimmages. How many times have I told you...neither mean much? If those teams played again this week...CHS wins by 40.

Based on talent and numbers alone that should have been the spread. That's not always the way it works out on the field. I agree with Crow, UH a little better than expected, CHS a little worse. Time to move on, games over. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

What do you base that on. They played and it was 8 points, seven days later it would be 40? Pretty easy to throw that out there wasn't it. Chew on this: the score for 2015 will always be 34-26. Cookeville will never beat Upperman by 40 this year.

Edited by stuntwoman

What do you base that on. They played and it was 8 points, seven days later it would be 40? Pretty easy to throw that out there wasn't it. Chew on this: the score for 2015 will always be 34-26. Cookeville will never beat Upperman by 40 this year.

I base that on how CHS started out before adjustments were made. After that...it was 34-6. Yes...it was very easy to throw out there. I could really care less. I don't need to chew on that...lol. You must be a fan of moral victories.

I base that on how CHS started out before adjustments were made. After that...it was 34-6. Yes...it was very easy to throw out there. I could really care less. I don't need to chew on that...lol. You must be a fan of moral victories.

I wasn't at the game, not being associated with either team. I went to see SC/MC. I wasn't aware adjustments were made. So I guess CHS coaching staff did not have their team prepared, but was able to figure it out in time. Good thing Upperman's staff didn't have time to adjust to the adjustments or they might win by 40.

I wasn't at the game, not being associated with either team. I went to see SC/MC. I wasn't aware adjustments were made. So I guess CHS coaching staff did not have their team prepared, but was able to figure it out in time. Good thing Upperman's staff didn't have time to adjust to the adjustments or they might win by 40.

I don't think they were prepared for the transfer qb. He is very good...much better than they expected. Once they kept him in the pocket...he was not as near as effective. I am not associated with either team. That does not mean I don't know what happened...or would happen again. Besides...if they played this week...the U's linebacker would be out. Evidently...He's worth at least 28 points.

Edited by Antwan

I don't think they were prepared for the transfer qb. He is very good...much better than they expected. Once they kept him in the pocket...he was not as near as effective. I am not associated with either team. That does not mean I don't know what happened...or would happen again. Besides...if they played this week...the U's linebacker would be out. Evidently...He's worth at least 28 points.

apparently so looking at the half he played in.

Based on talent and numbers alone that should have been the spread. That's not always the way it works out on the field. I agree with Crow, UH a little better than expected, CHS a little worse. Time to move on, games over.

Don't mean to beat a dead horse, but the one thing you are failing to mention is that this was a HUGE rivalry game. Big Cookeville comes to lil Baxter.... So of course Upperman wanted the win and for the first half played well but then reality set in.