6A Comparison to Power 5 Conferences?

tribecitizen

I wonder if the TSSAA decided that having the 32 largest enrollments classed together and guaranteed a playoff spot would allow for more interesting match ups. I realize there are the haves and have nots of even the largest enrollment schools, but it seems to me that in the four distinct regions in 6A there are the Alabamas, Florida State's, and Oregon's as well as the Vanderbilt's, Indiana's, and Colorado's, not to mention the middle tier teams. All that said, the playing field for these 32 is about as even as it can be, regardless of how well the feeder programs feed their respective schools. 

I know from my standpoint, a Dobyns-Bennett fan, the match ups we will have in our own Region are far more interesting than the Daniel Boone's, David Crockett's, Volunteers, and Sullivan Central's of our former district model. The guaranteed playoff spot has allowed us to go out and find strong non-conference games to hopefully battle test the young men before the playoffs start. Yes, I understand everyones argument about added distance, added cost, gate loses and the like. I think J.Fred will see more local fans (Kingsport, greater Kingsport) for a home game under this new set up than the old set up. Bearden was bad this year (I realize they will surely rebound) and Sullivan Central was terrible (I know it was a road game this year, but you know what I mean). I think more fans would show up for a bad Bearden team than even a good Sullivan Central team. Perception to a fan can be a lot. Fans are also smart enough to realize a school with a 1,750+ enrollment HAS to have some athletes on the field. For DB I think this new plan is a good thing, for everybody else.

I'm honestly in favor of the 5A model, but it seems like the TSSAA caught wind of Mike Slive and others talking about breaking away from the rest (old AAA, Z-Plan model), separating the wheat from the chaff (highest enrollment from lower enrollments, the only way they can logically separate) and seeing how it plays out. I wonder if they streamed all 6A games online, or broadcast them on local cable in the areas they are being played if they could make money and share the wealth due to the added costs of being a 6A school. 

Just a few incomplete thoughts I had, want your thoughts on this stuff gentlemen.