Science Hill versus Maryville

bud

I am sure I'll be getting hammered for this but after watching Maryville play last night I was impressed with them as always but they must fix some things that are obvious if they want to get the most out of their season.

Maryville's offensive linemen were lining down in three-point stances when they ran the ball and they were lining up in two-point stances when they were throwing the ball. That is an OBVIOUS KEY that is easy to overlook when you're 12-0 and rolling.

Any Maryville fans who do not believe that to be the case can simply watch the game film from last night and see for themselves.

Great observation LBD. I can tell you three or four things you might of missed if you look hard enough for it but I do like where I set at the games and don't need a Beat up Barney Thread. If I had my wish this week it would be to take number #2 and move him back to outside linebacker to keep S,H.'s QB from breaking around the end and if we move on past this game it would be wise to do the same thing the next week. yeb04.jpg

This is a great opportunity for the Toppers. Very few outside their fan base give them a chance. They cannot get off the bus "hoping" to keep it close. I do believe teams like Maryville have their opponents intimidated before the ball is kicked off.

Anything can happen Friday night. Intimidated teams tend to turn it over, have maddening penalties, fall behind early and do not answer scores. See the last SHHS / Maryville matchup.

Science Hill just played their most complete game of the year. They dismantled DB. Their speed and strength was very evident. Was that their peak or was that where they are as a team now.

My concern is this program has not been in this situation before. Carter's South teams faced Maryville once I believe and played tough. These kids had their biggest game against a great DB team in 2012 and could have won. I thought that DB team could beat Maryville. This SHHS team is better than the 2012 team. While the 2012 loss to DB let these kids know they could compete, they haven't faced what they will face Friday night. So, they have to overcome themselves.

Maryville is supposed to win. They expect to win. They are the measuring stick.

The SHHS kids have an opportunity to be a part of history for their program. One game. I understand the opposing fans, naysayers, and haters. Common sense is on their side.

Don't turn the ball over. Disciplined play. And answer scores. Key stops on D.

It can be done.

Edited by DayTripper

If your defense steps up you could possibly make it a game , only other thing that hurts is Maryville adjusting to stopping mcgue !!

This is a great opportunity for the Toppers. Very few outside their fan base give them a chance. They cannot get off the bus "hoping" to keep it close. I do believe teams like Maryville have their opponents intimidated before the ball is kicked off.

Anything can happen Friday night. Intimidated teams tend to turn it over, have maddening penalties, fall behind early and do not answer scores. See the last SHHS / Maryville matchup.

Science Hill just played their most complete game of the year. They dismantled DB. Their speed and strength was very evident. Was that their peak or was that where they are as a team now.

My concern is this program has not been in this situation before. Carter's South teams faced Maryville once I believe and played tough. These kids had their biggest game against a great DB team in 2012 and could have won. I thought that DB team could beat Maryville. This SHHS team is better than the 2012 team. While the 2012 loss to DB let these kids know they could compete, they haven't faced what they will face Friday night. So, they have to overcome themselves.

Maryville is supposed to win. They expect to win. They are the measuring stick.

The SHHS kids have an opportunity to be a part of history for their program. One game. I understand the opposing fans, naysayers, and haters. Common sense is on their side.

Don't turn the ball over. Disciplined play. And answer scores. Key stops on D.

It can be done.