3A Quarterfinals: CAK at Alcoa

AlcoaBasketball

Great game Alcoa faithful! We'll see y'all next year! Prayers sent #1 and #18's way, hate hate hate to see players get injured but I'm a firm believer that God's plans are always better than ours, so I'm sure that He's got something in store for those young men that we can't see.

Great to see you last night! I'm glad this rivalry will continue through the reclassification. CAKe will be better next year for sure.

Congratulations to Alcoa on the victory! And good luck the rest of the way.

I'm so proud of the Warriors! Overmatched, and playing to a 14-14 tie at the end of the 3rd quarter was impressive. Once again, this team earned the name, "Warriors." This young team did it's best to make sure that no team could relax and count on a win without playing 4 quarters when the playoffs started and the championship was on the line.

A big salute to this year's seniors for CAK! With only about 7-8 in the class, it was your leadership that helped this team achieve everything that they were able to achieve.

As for the underclassmen, next year will be here before you know it. The sky is the limit for your potential!

All of the Warriors make the parents and fans so proud of what quality young men you are! Here's hoping you work really hard this off season to come back and battle for a championship next year!

Edited by Govolsknox

I'm so proud of the Warriors! Overmatched, and playing to a 14-14 tie at the end of the 3rd quarter was impressive. Once again, this team earned the name, "Warriors." This young team did it's best to make sure that no team could relax and count on a win without playing 4 quarters when the playoffs started and the championship was on the line.

A big salute to this year's seniors for CAK! With only about 7-8 in the class, it was your leadership that helped this team achieve everything that they were able to achieve.

As for the underclassmen, next year will be here before you know it. The sky is the limit for your potential!

All of the Warriors make the parents and fans so proud of what quality young men you are! Here's hoping you work really hard this off season to come back and battle for a championship next year!

Congrats Warriors, you should be proud of your efforts. The seniors and this Team will never look back and say "I wish I had played harder." You have my respect.

CUT AND PASTE

Knoxville Sports Shuffle

All About Money

Posted on April 22, 2011

For those that have been around Knoxville some time, it’s hard not to recognize the success that Alcoa football brings to the table. They are seven-time defending state champions.

They know what it takes to win and continue to invest in that working formula — whatever that formula is.

With success like that comes both good and bad attention. The bad attention could lead to things like allowing kids to go to school at Alcoa when they do not live in that school zone, or the question of performance-enhancing drugs, or worse, like shaving points.

Now no accusations are being filed on any of these cases, nor has the Alcoa football team come out and said anything to this nature. For what we know, they are squeaky clean.

But yet we still must ask the question: Is it too farfetched to think any of these particular things are happenings? With all the money in sports and all the prestige that comes with winning, I don’t think it’s too mind-boggling to think that schools will go to great lengths (yes, cheating) to gain some sort of competitive advantage that helps them win. In the times we live in today, that’s simple math.

So while no one is accusing the dominant program of illegal activity, as journalists our jobs are to investigate and poke and prod and if we find something to pounce on it. Again, not saying anything is happening, but am I wrong to suspect it?

The positive side, however, is that Alcoa has just signed a new deal with Under Armour. You can read more here, but the gist of it is that Alcoa is one of only 57 teams priviledged enough to wear the wanted apparel.

The reason? Winning. When you win, people want you. Companies want you. You sell the product better. And most importantly, the kids that are wearing it buy into the product.

This quote by Gary Rankin, head coach at Alcoa, does a great job of telling the story.

"They get excited over a lot of things if it’s got something to do with wearing something. That’s exactly what companies like Under Armour want; excitement sells the brand. And now with the publicity that Alcoa will receive because of this mega-deal, their prestige and prominence will only go up.Success breeds a lot of things, both good and bad."

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Knoxvillesportsshuffle.wordpass.com

OMG and yes I cut and pasted. Can you believe the arrogance of this man? If this isn't cheating the system I don't know what is. Now we know how they got the weight room #???,???,the field $900,000,the jumbotron $400,000, etc....... Who's to say they don't put their logo on free stuff and sell it or just sell it out right. No wonder other schools can't compete. You cant make this stuff up. Alcoians By the way I can use google too.

CUT AND PASTE

Knoxville Sports Shuffle

All About Money

Posted on April 22, 2011

For those that have been around Knoxville some time, it’s hard not to recognize the success that Alcoa football brings to the table. They are seven-time defending state champions.

They know what it takes to win and continue to invest in that working formula — whatever that formula is.

With success like that comes both good and bad attention. The bad attention could lead to things like allowing kids to go to school at Alcoa when they do not live in that school zone, or the question of performance-enhancing drugs, or worse, like shaving points.

Now no accusations are being filed on any of these cases, nor has the Alcoa football team come out and said anything to this nature. For what we know, they are squeaky clean.

But yet we still must ask the question: Is it too farfetched to think any of these particular things are happenings? With all the money in sports and all the prestige that comes with winning, I don’t think it’s too mind-boggling to think that schools will go to great lengths (yes, cheating) to gain some sort of competitive advantage that helps them win. In the times we live in today, that’s simple math.

So while no one is accusing the dominant program of illegal activity, as journalists our jobs are to investigate and poke and prod and if we find something to pounce on it. Again, not saying anything is happening, but am I wrong to suspect it?

The positive side, however, is that Alcoa has just signed a new deal with Under Armour. You can read more here, but the gist of it is that Alcoa is one of only 57 teams priviledged enough to wear the wanted apparel.

The reason? Winning. When you win, people want you. Companies want you. You sell the product better. And most importantly, the kids that are wearing it buy into the product.

This quote by Gary Rankin, head coach at Alcoa, does a great job of telling the story.

"They get excited over a lot of things if it’s got something to do with wearing something. That’s exactly what companies like Under Armour want; excitement sells the brand. And now with the publicity that Alcoa will receive because of this mega-deal, their prestige and prominence will only go up.Success breeds a lot of things, both good and bad."

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Knoxvillesportsshuffle.wordpass.com

OMG and yes I cut and pasted. Can you believe the arrogance of this man? If this isn't cheating the system I don't know what is. Now we know how they got the weight room #???,???,the field $900,000,the jumbotron $400,000, etc....... Who's to say they don't put their logo on free stuff and sell it or just sell it out right. No wonder other schools can't compete. You cant make this stuff up. Alcoians By the way I can use google too.

Yep cut and paste...dribble as Booger says

ATTENTION TO ORDERS:

The Alcoa Goon Squad is hereby awarded the Silver Tornado for displaying extraordinary gallantry during the period 1900 to 2200 hours on 21 Nov 14. The goon squad, consisting of APB, BC Sports, F5 Seek Shelter, Alcoa Daddy, and the Choo Choo, continuously delivered steady suppressing fire consisting of cheering, yelling, horn blowing, and general intimidation of the enemy. These acts of valor suppressed the enemy on multiple third down plays in the second half of the battle ultimately stalemating the enemy's charge. These acts of unselfish sacrifice reflect great credit upon themselves, the Alcoa Tornado football team, and the entire City of Alcoa.

Given under my authority,

Signed: the Old Retired Col.

Hold it down soldiers! I have been doing double duty at two churches so I have been away from the skirmish. However, the Chaplain continues to pray-carry on!

Knowing that there are some of the emotions gone now from this thread....got a top 4 yet from any non-bias observers Govlolsknox?