Quarterfinals: 2 Sullivan South (11-1) @ 1 Fulton (12-0)

SECPowerHouse

If you were not a Fulton or South fan, would you go to this game or Science Hill vs. Maryville?

well, im clearly NOT a fan of any of these teams and im going to Fulton.....until someone proves themselves worthy, Maryville will stomp everyone they play....SH can actually give them a game and if they play the perfect game, can win with Mcgue at qb. will be interesting

absolutely yes they have a chance. If Weiger doesnt throw three picks and has success running it and their receivers catch everything thrown their way and they have no penalties and their coaches call a perfect game and their defense makes all their tackles and gets 4 or 5 turnovers, absolutely YES they have a chance. Now, obviously, i have just described the "near perfect" game, which no one hardly ever has at this level, but seriously, if the Rebs dont turn it over, i think they have a good shot. Fulton turns people over ALOT and that inflates some of their scoring, but that's all part of the game, so it counts right? Best of luck to both teams and hope its injury free and retarded referee free on both sides

Seen your video BV, I guess the best way to sum that up is its just part of the game and fairly easy to show one side of refs bad calls and missed calls in any game (but nice job), now as far as South playing perfect, Weiger did throw three INTs, the Recs did drop balls, there were bad calls on both side of the field I'm sure of, point being South played no where near perfect against the Devils and sent them on to the hardwood so they were good enough to beat Greenville by not playing their best game, I seriously doubt SS hangs with Fulton for 4 quarters but I do think they make a game of it early but will have trouble late, however if Fulton was to have another game like they did against Carter and SS can play better then they had to, to beat Greenville you never know. I have no horse in the race and in all honesty could care less one way or the other but, I am a fan of South's QB after meeting him this summer and wish him the best.

Edited by RedD

I'm a Souther. But realistically, the Rebels have 3 crucial issues.

1. Weak special teams.

2. Predictable play calling.

3. A D not as strong as last year.

The offense has speed. But getting the ball in the air will be a challenge. Overall, the Rebels are not as strong as last year.

Crucial notes: Play selection, and field position.

If the Rebels find success in the air it will be a game. Last years Rebel D line and linebackers were maybe the best ever. This years corp is challenged to step up. The Rebels are peaking at the crucial moment. Fulton will get Souths best effort of the season. 

Rebel Nation

Edited by compusatman

absolutely yes they have a chance. If Weiger doesnt throw three picks and has success running it and their receivers catch everything thrown their way and they have no penalties and their coaches call a perfect game and their defense makes all their tackles and gets 4 or 5 turnovers, absolutely YES they have a chance. Now, obviously, i have just described the "near perfect" game, which no one hardly ever has at this level, but seriously, if the Rebs dont turn it over, i think they have a good shot. Fulton turns people over ALOT and that inflates some of their scoring, but that's all part of the game, so it counts right? Best of luck to both teams and hope its injury free and retarded referee free on both sides

I agree it has to be a great game for either of the local teams,but it can happen.I've got to work until nearly game time brother,do you know if one or both games will be streamed.

1. Weak special teams.

The offense has speed. But getting the ball in the air will be a challenge. Overall, the Rebels are not as strong as last year.

If the Rebels find success in the air it will be a game. Last years Rebel D line and linebackers were maybe the best ever. This years corp is challenged to step up. The Rebels are peaking at the crucial moment. Fulton will get Souths best effort of the season. 

Rebel Nation

I think i would have to disagree with #1 and #3 comp.  special teams has been much improved this year with the addition of #14 kicking and #36 is kicking PAT's much better this year.  We have yet to give up a TD on kickoff or punt teams.  The D line has been a question but seems to be playing much better now and the linebackers returned 3 out of 4 starters from last season.  #6 had to move from outside to inside but has really stiffened up the middle of the D, also return all DB's from last year too.  Can't wait to travel down to K-town tomorrow. 

1. Weak special teams.

Rebel Nation

The falcon's secondary played really well against Catholic. They say the qb had an off night, going 8-30... But a lot of the incompletions were we'll thrown balls that were just broken up or well defended. The quarterback will have to throw on the run... He won't have a lot of time to throw and will have plenty of falcons chasing him down. Last year he looked like a Mr. football nominee with the way he ran the ball and kept the offense on the field. Big and hard to bring down. Everyone was asking if he was a senior or not... Knowing that he would be back next year to face the falcons but with a year's more experience.

Seen your video BV, I guess the best way to sum that up is its just part of the game and fairly easy to show one side of refs bad calls and missed calls in any game (but nice job), now as far as South playing perfect, Weiger did throw three INTs, the Recs did drop balls, there were bad calls on both side of the field I'm sure of, point being South played no where near perfect against the Devils and sent them on to the hardwood so they were good enough to beat Greenville by not playing their best game, I seriously doubt SS hangs with Fulton for 4 quarters but I do think they make a game of it early but will have trouble late, however if Fulton was to have another game like they did against Carter and SS can play better then they had to, to beat Greenville you never know. I have no horse in the race and in all honesty could care less one way or the other but, I am a fan of South's QB after meeting him this summer and wish him the best.

quote:  Fulton was to have another game like they did against Carter   No not gonna happen the weather gave carter all the chances to beat fulton and still they came up short - Fulton will make short work of sully south and shut them down Great kids on both sides of the ball but The speed that fulton possesses will bring the south train to a halt!