Quarterfinals: 2 Sullivan South (11-1) @ 1 Fulton (12-0)

SECPowerHouse

sshsfan, I do agree that the kickers are able to kick with precision. That is not my concern. Fulton grain feeds their future speed merchants on special teams. They will have some major developing warp speed return men learning their craft and waiting in the wings for their chance. I know the coaches know this as last year it was kept in check. I'm sure if the Fulton people chime-in we will hear of such.

My concern is between the tackles. Last year that real estate was locked down...much in part to a Rebel now departed. Granted, Fulton won the game on the outside edge. But we both know why that happened late in the game. If you tell me you disagree then I will stand behind you in observation and hope you are the one who is correct. And if you are correct and we play D to last years standards...then we have a game.

Seen your video BV, I guess the best way to sum that up is its just part of the game and fairly easy to show one side of refs bad calls and missed calls in any game (but nice job), now as far as South playing perfect, Weiger did throw three INTs, the Recs did drop balls, there were bad calls on both side of the field I'm sure of, point being South played no where near perfect against the Devils and sent them on to the hardwood so they were good enough to beat Greenville by not playing their best game, I seriously doubt SS hangs with Fulton for 4 quarters but I do think they make a game of it early but will have trouble late, however if Fulton was to have another game like they did against Carter and SS can play better then they had to, to beat Greenville you never know. I have no horse in the race and in all honesty could care less one way or the other but, I am a fan of South's QB after meeting him this summer and wish him the best.

yah, that was kinda my point in my post....i was trying to say in my own not so unique way that if south plays like they did against greeneville they will get hammered. People are going to assume that by that i dont think Greeneville is nearly as good as Fulton. That's not what im saying either. i DO think that until someone beats them, FUlton rightfully so is the king of 4a, but my backhanded point was simply that South made a ton of mistakes against greeneville and because greeneville made a ton plus one, of mistakes, south was able to squeak out a narrow one point win. I think south and my devils are very evenly matched and if they played 10 times, they would probably split. If fulton and south played 10 times, it might get pretty lopsided pretty quick.....truth is, i dont have a clue what will happen tonight, i just hope it's a good game and i dont waste 8 bucks and half a tank of gas to go watch the rebs get ravaged

I agree it has to be a great game for either of the local teams,but it can happen.I've got to work until nearly game time brother,do you know if one or both games will be streamed.

yes, for the fulton game, if you dont mind extremely biased anouncers, WKCS i believe is the fulton HS radio call letters. Fulton HS actually has its own radio station...pretty cool, or you can listen to tom taylor, one of the best radio guys in the HS biz, for South, but i cant recall the call letters to the station....google can help you there...as for murvull and sinus hill, google is your friend.

yes, for the fulton game, if you dont mind extremely biased anouncers, WKCS i believe is the fulton HS radio call letters. Fulton HS actually has its own radio station...pretty cool, or you can listen to tom taylor, one of the best radio guys in the HS biz, for South, but i cant recall the call letters to the station....google can help you there...as for murvull and sinus hill, google is your friend.

Thanks brother.I'm thinking more along the lines of watching it however.

Photoman or FHSalumn12, are the corners the same as last year? Or did they move on leaving you with new corners?

Rebel Nation

#21 dom Williams is probably the most lockdown corner in east tennesse and he returned from last year... Kentel Williams #1 is really solid at corner and he didn't start last year but he got starter minutes at corner... But we will rotate Dbs a lot our starting corner at the beginning of the season broke his collar bone twice this season... I hate it for him and it would've been real nice to have him this season... Goodluck to both teams tonight looking forward to a great game...

yah, that was kinda my point in my post....i was trying to say in my own not so unique way that if south plays like they did against greeneville they will get hammered. People are going to assume that by that i dont think Greeneville is nearly as good as Fulton. That's not what im saying either. i DO think that until someone beats them, FUlton rightfully so is the king of 4a, but my backhanded point was simply that South made a ton of mistakes against greeneville and because greeneville made a ton plus one, of mistakes, south was able to squeak out a narrow one point win. I think south and my devils are very evenly matched and if they played 10 times, they would probably split. If fulton and south played 10 times, it might get pretty lopsided pretty quick.....truth is, i dont have a clue what will happen tonight, i just hope it's a good game and i dont waste 8 bucks and half a tank of gas to go watch the rebs get ravaged

Well said, I think Fulton rides their wave through until game two next year when the show down takes between Maryville and Fulton, the difference in that game will be a well discipline football team playing a very athletic one, Fulton looks very good with their athletes but fundamentals is not their strong point, Maryville has played some of the most athletic teams the state has to offer and they continue to beat them all but that's next year. safe travels to you BV and I as well hope you money is not wasted.

Well said, I think Fulton rides their wave through until game two next year when the show down takes between Maryville and Fulton, the difference in that game will be a well discipline football team playing a very athletic one, Fulton looks very good with their athletes but fundamentals is not their strong point, Maryville has played some of the most athletic teams the state has to offer and they continue to beat them all but that's next year. safe travels to you BV and I as well hope you money is not wasted.

What makes you think Fulton isn't fundental. Watch them on TV vs catholic and they looked pretty fundamental on both sides of ball. Don't recall any turnovers and they forced several against a very good offense. Athletic doesn't mean undiscipline. Very general and inaccurate.

Maryville on the other hand is a good fundamental team. But they are not void of athletes. They to are athletic and fundamental. I would gues GQ wouldn't agree that Fulton isn't discipline and fundamental. I would guess Maryville would win. But not because Fulton is just a bunch of athletes that are poorly coached, lack discipline, not fundamental and play backyard football.