Quarterfinals: 2 Sullivan South (11-1) @ 1 Fulton (12-0)

SECPowerHouse

South will be put to the test come friday night.  South has a 40.7 ppg avg and is competing at a high level late in the season.  Fulton has a 60.3 ppg avg and hasn't really been tested for four complete quarters. Scoring 19.6 ppg more than South, Fulton has all the confidence to continue and stay unbeaten.  Last year South made a game of it for three quarters before the "other shoe dropped" and Fulton put 20 points on the board in the fourth.  41 - 19 was the final score and I don't see South doing much more this year.  I think just like last year, late in the game, Fulton has too much for South to match up with.  Fulton pulls away in the second half and moves on.  Congratulations to South for making a game further than last year.  Your QB is good, but he alone can't win it all for you.  Hope both teams stay injury free!

Edited by gr8tplay

BVD, you saw South last week, so realistically do the Rebels have a chance in this game?

Who gave them a chance last year? And yet somehow they were within a field goal of taking the lead until the final 3 minutes of the game. I don't care how much the Falcons are favored by, they better not take this Rebel team lightly. I don't even know why you'd ask a question like this because the Greenies would have been on here predicting a Green Devil victory if they had been able to get by South. Hopefully being a little deeper at RB this year will help South. Losing our starting RB at the beginning of the 3rd quarter last year made us more one dimensional. Whoever wins this game wins the gold ball this year.

Who gave them a chance last year? And yet somehow they were within a field goal of taking the lead until the final 3 minutes of the game. I don't care how much the Falcons are favored by, they better not take this Rebel team lightly. I don't even know why you'd ask a question like this because the Greenies would have been on here predicting a Green Devil victory if they had been able to get by South. Hopefully being a little deeper at RB this year will help South. Losing our starting RB at the beginning of the 3rd quarter last year made us more one dimensional. Whoever wins this game wins the gold ball this year.

Whoa there we lost our mr football running back as well and that really hurt us against yall... Trust me these boys are not overlooking south we know they are tough and will be ready... This game will be that much tougher if we do not have our starting qb... South has a chance to beat us just like every other team we play... But they can not turn the ball over or have quick drives because we thrive off of them... Our special teams and defense scores more than most offenses we play against... I'm looking forward to a great game on Friday...

Whoa there we lost our mr football running back as well and that really hurt us against yall... Trust me these boys are not overlooking south we know they are tough and will be ready... This game will be that much tougher if we do not have our starting qb... South has a chance to beat us just like every other team we play... But they can not turn the ball over or have quick drives because we thrive off of them... Our special teams and defense scores more than most offenses we play against... I'm looking forward to a great game on Friday...

I remember and totally agree. The big thing that you guys had though was that while they may not have been Mr. Football you guys had a whole shelf full of high caliber running backs. At least that was my impression. Very impressive. Our drop off after the first string RB last year was pretty steep.

So we filled the place up on the visitor side last year even in nasty weather. When do you think a person should get there to get a seat? Gates open at 5?