McMinn Central vs. McMinn County

NukeLaloosh

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If McMinn Co.can get to the bucket early hit FT's avoid costly turnovers and use their speed advantage this could be a little more interesting this time but the key word is IF!

You are right about the IF's, but expecting that from this group of Lady Cherokees is asking too much. Their junior and senior starters are the worst at freethrows and turnovers. The Chargerettes didn't play good at all tonight but still won easily by 16.

The speed of McMinn gave Central trouble at times game was close for 2 1/2 quarters and tied at 29 I do believe! I don't know the exact numbers but McMinn missed alot of free throws and missed a few lay-ups. Central won by 16 could have been closer! But both teams played hard McMinn is short on depth and that cost them when key players fouled out! Central has girls on the bench that would start for most schools!

You are right about the IF's, but expecting that from this group of Lady Cherokees is asking too much. Their junior and senior starters are the worst at freethrows and turnovers. The Chargerettes didn't play good at all tonight but still won easily by 16.

Apparently you were there, so, If you didnt realize that the junior and senior starters for Mcminn are better than Centrals junior and senior starters you might have blinders on. Sophmores and Freshman (not even comparible). Central wins that one but upper class goes to Mcminn. SORRY for the reality check but i think im right.

Apparently you were there, so, If you didnt realize that the junior and senior starters for Mcminn are better than Centrals junior and senior starters you might have blinders on. Sophmores and Freshman (not even comparible). Central wins that one but upper class goes to Mcminn. SORRY for the reality check but i think im right.

How did McMinn County do with Soddy Daisy tonight?

Soddy Daisy was picked to finish below McMinn in the district. They lost to Bradley by 44 last week but come to McMinn tonight and easily whipped the Lady Cherokees by 10 points.

One McMinn senior scored 7 points and the other one scored 2. They have another senior who is still recovering from knee surgery. The freshmen are carrying the Lady Cherokees.

These are 14,15,16 and maybe 17 yr old kids on both teams that just want to play ball because they love it and use to have fun playing it! Every day these great young ladies are having to hear from the adults in their lives (Parents and Coaches) just how bad they are and how much they are letting them down! The next time you go to any Central or McMinn game count how many times you see a player smile and then count how many times you hear their Coach or adult in the stands say something discouraging and negative to them! I promise you that you can count the smiles on one hand and the negative comments from Coaches and parents on well there is probably not enough hands to go around! I promise you if you went to games cheering for them all to succeed instead of hoping some will fail just so yours just might play more then you might enjoy the game more! Why not try saying McMinn's upperclassmen are playing hard and competing! I assure you the mental abuse these kids are exposed to everyday is torture! Keep up the GREAT work Lady Cherokees and Chargerettes I am proud of all of you! It's still the same game you love even if some adults don;t want you to have fun playing it!