Maryville... What are they doing different there?

Roba22

THEY PLAY THE SAME CUPCAKES YEAR AFTER YEAR AND STAY IN THEIR LANE...6A IS NO DIFFERENT FROM 5A.....THEY DON'T GO TO GA OR S. CAROLINA OR EVEN KENTUCKY TO CHALLENGE THEMSELVES TO SEE IF THEY ARE REALLY A POWERHOUSE TEAM...

THEY TRIED ENSWORTH FOR A QUARTER AND GOT EXPOSED......I WON'T BE IMPRESSED UNTIL THEY GO OUTSIDE OF THEIR COMFORT ZONE AND PLAY SOME REAL POWERHOUSES....WILLIAM BLOUNT, WEST, HERITAGE, HARDIN, LENIOR, WEB, ALCOA, SEVIER, BEARDEN. AND FARRAGUT ARE THE TEAMS THEY PLAY YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR....SAME RESULTS...NO CHALLENGE...REALLY???? THEY HAD A CHANCE TO PLAY 5A BALL...BUT THEY WENT RIGHT BACK TO THE SAME OLE CUPCAKES......THEY ARE THE BIG FISH IN THE POND FEASTING ON GUPPIES.....REWARD....GOLD BALL....

Salty huh? Lol. How can you not respect greatness no matter what class or sport or aspect of life it is... I don't care if they played 1a ball in Alaska 199-7 since is impressive...

I don't buy the PA.  Explain to me the playoff and championship numbers then.   You might can win your region every year by beating up on the same old "cupcakes", but you can't go win championships and still do that.   By round three you are playing good teams.   

You being a Ooltewah fan should know its not easy to make a playoff run!   and I don't think your Owls are playing out of state that much either!  

Edited by Roba22

THEY PLAY THE SAME CUPCAKES YEAR AFTER YEAR AND STAY IN THEIR LANE...6A IS NO DIFFERENT FROM 5A.....THEY DON'T GO TO GA OR S. CAROLINA OR EVEN KENTUCKY TO CHALLENGE THEMSELVES TO SEE IF THEY ARE REALLY A POWERHOUSE TEAM...

THEY TRIED ENSWORTH FOR A QUARTER AND GOT EXPOSED......I WON'T BE IMPRESSED UNTIL THEY GO OUTSIDE OF THEIR COMFORT ZONE AND PLAY SOME REAL POWERHOUSES....WILLIAM BLOUNT, WEST, HERITAGE, HARDIN, LENIOR, WEB, ALCOA, SEVIER, BEARDEN. AND FARRAGUT ARE THE TEAMS THEY PLAY YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR....SAME RESULTS...NO CHALLENGE...REALLY???? THEY HAD A CHANCE TO PLAY 5A BALL...BUT THEY WENT RIGHT BACK TO THE SAME OLE CUPCAKES......THEY ARE THE BIG FISH IN THE POND FEASTING ON GUPPIES.....REWARD....GOLD BALL....

The Ensworth thing was a jamboree,you really can't really take anything out of that.

I thought there was 4 schools in that county.  Maryville, Alcoa, William Blount and Heritage right?

and three of those are 6A schools too right?  or is Maryville the only 6A

There are four schools but Maryville and Alcoa run their own school system while the other two are county schools. More money for funding when you have less schools.

I don't buy the PA.  Explain to me the playoff and championship numbers then.   You might can win your region every year by beating up on the same old "cupcakes", but you can't go win championships and still do that.   By round three you are playing good teams.   

You being a Ooltewah fan should know its not easy to make a playoff run!   and I don't think your Owls are playing out of state that much either!  

WE DON'T CLAIM TO BE A POWERHOUSE.....I HAVE NOTHIN TO LOSE OR GAIN...I'M STATING FACTS......AND MY OPINION.....ALL I'M SAYING IS NO CHALLENGE.....AND COMING TO 5A COULD HAVE BEEN ONE IMO....I CAN'T SAY A TEAM THAT I HAVE NEVER PLAYED WOULD BEAT ME BECAUSE OF IT'S PAST HISTORY WITH THE SAME TEAMS THEY DOMINATE YEAR AFTER YEAR ........IF 5A IS A CUPCAKE THEN COME ON DOWN AND WIN A GOLD BALL OFF SOME TEAMS YOU HAVE NEVER PLAYED....THAT'S A CHALLENGE IMO BUT TO GO BACK TO FAMILIAR SURROUNDINGS....I CAN'T RESPECT THAT...

There are certainly a number of factors in play here. School system, supportive community, winning tradition, quality coaches, "team" concept, feeder program, depth, growing city, etc. But what stands out to me, more than anything else, is the kind of continuity that they've had for so long between the feeder program(s) and the high school team/coaching staff. When you've got that in your corner, you're going to be successful. That creates a ridiculous amount of quality depth and an extremely high level of preparedness.

And with that formula, the rich only get richer.

Edited by osunut2

WE DON'T CLAIM TO BE A POWERHOUSE.....I HAVE NOTHIN TO LOSE OR GAIN...I'M STATING FACTS......AND MY OPINION.....ALL I'M SAYING IS NO CHALLENGE.....AND COMING TO 5A COULD HAVE BEEN ONE IMO....I CAN'T SAY A TEAM THAT I HAVE NEVER PLAYED WOULD BEAT ME BECAUSE OF IT'S PAST HISTORY WITH THE SAME TEAMS THEY DOMINATE YEAR AFTER YEAR ........IF 5A IS A CUPCAKE THEN COME ON DOWN AND WIN A GOLD BALL OFF SOME TEAMS YOU HAVE NEVER PLAYED....THAT'S A CHALLENGE IMO BUT TO GO BACK TO FAMILIAR SURROUNDINGS....I CAN'T RESPECT THAT...

:roflol: