Volleyball Rumors

HardAngle

VSD...If you are saying people that don't go to Catholic are outsiders then that would be me. I have talked to several parents that have children at Catholic. They all have children on the volleyball team. I am "assuming" what they are telling is true. I have no reason to think they are lying. Especially when they all say the same thing. Just as BBV states. After talking to 4 sets of parents and after them telling me the same thing (about how great it was to have Coach Garland) I would "CONCLUDE" that he did a lot for the program and for the girls. But I am an outsiders so take it for what its worth.

Philly, If you'll review my comment, it was positive in regards to Coach Garland. However, there have been several comments in this thread which denigrate the abilities of the players, all of whom have spent years honing their skill and gave tremendous effort in reaching many of their accomplishments this past season.

Coach Garland, while providing the players with coaching, did not make a single serve, dig, block or kill. Let's give credit where it is due.

Philly, If you'll review my comment, it was positive in regards to Coach Garland. However, there have been several comments in this thread which denigrate the abilities of the players, all of whom have spent years honing their skill and gave tremendous effort in reaching many of their accomplishments this past season.

Coach Garland, while providing the players with coaching, did not make a single serve, dig, block or kill. Let's give credit where it is due.

I haven't seen one player from the catholic volleyball team get called out on this site. I have seen comments that 3 teams in this area had more talent and that it was nice to see Catholic achieve like they did. This IN NO WAY "denigrates" the players. This shows you how hard they worked in order to get to where they went. It also shows you that good coaching does make a difference. I'm guessing by your name that you understand sports and teams. So when APP St went to Michigan and beat their butts did any one say how more talented Ap St was over Michigan? NO..What they did say was what a great job the players did and how the coaching staff really prepared them well. You understand that concept don't you???

I haven't seen one player from the catholic volleyball team get called out on this site. I have seen comments that 3 teams in this area had more talent and that it was nice to see Catholic achieve like they did. This IN NO WAY "denigrates" the players. This shows you how hard they worked in order to get to where they went. It also shows you that good coaching does make a difference. I'm guessing by your name that you understand sports and teams. So when APP St went to Michigan and beat their butts did any one say how more talented Ap St was over Michigan? NO..What they did say was what a great job the players did and how the coaching staff really prepared them well. You understand that concept don't you???

I should have included this when I said that. Almost no talent compared to the talent level of the other schools they played.

With all due respect, I appreciate all the hard work the catholic team put in to making the season such a success. They couldn't have done it without hard work, team togetherness, heart and good coaching. They all go hand in hand. BHS, FHS and CAK have a whole lot of talent. Talent and heart are two different things. The catholic girls had a lot of heart this year that's why they went where they did. Not because of their talent level. Sorry but the truth is the truth. If you had the FHS coach or the BHS coach you wouldn't have made it out of the district!!!!! 

They had a talent level that put them among the top six most talented teams in AA. Unfortunately, two of the other six were CAK and Sullivan South. Maybe you didn't watch the state tournament or maybe you confuse physical stature with talent. Do you even know which teams were in the district? Back to my first point, you are making a lot of assumptions.

They had a talent level that put them among the top six most talented teams in AA. Unfortunately, two of the other six were CAK and Sullivan South. Maybe you didn't watch the state tournament or maybe you confuse physical stature with talent. Do you even know which teams were in the district? Back to my first point, you are making a lot of assumptions.

From this statement should I "assume" that you thought Appalachian State had better talent than Michigan in 2007? If so then I understand where you are coming from now. LOL. I assumed you knew the game! I know I know you told me not to assume..sorry

Volleysoccerdad. Hate to say it but BBV and hardangle are right. There's no way around the thought process. BBV has a great point when he/she talks about ApSt. No they didn't have more talent they just pulled the upset. Just like Catholic did this year. They pulled upsets. Hard nose players and good coaching will do that every once in a while.