Volleyball Rumors

HardAngle

K2

CAK coach resigned and I believe is moving out of state. Have not heard of any candidates yet. It may be the the assistant coach or they may permits the middle school coach. I believe the assistant coach spent a year or two as an assistant at AC before coming to CAK. She has a great personality and the girls love her. She is young and full of energy. CAK has a new headmaster and athletic director this year that seem to be more focused on education than athletics so don't look for them to go recruiting or interviewing numerous candidates. They will probably promote from within and be done with it. This is the second good coach that has left since the new administration has been put into place. The girls basketball coach was basically run out of town last year. I would say you will see a decline in the success of CAK sports in the coming years.

That is fantastic news! Coach Pittman was a freshman my daughters senior year at AC. She was a great player for AC and a great person. She coached at AC before taking a teaching job at CAK. This is a big time hire for CAK. She played college ball and with her AC roots will be a big time hire. Great move by CAK snatching her up.

CAK has not made any announcements yet so I do not know if Coach Pittman will get the job. I agree that she is the perfect fit for the program and the girls absolutely love her. I heard that Petrik has strongly recomended her to be his successor. They graduated five seniors off the state championship team, but they have some young talent coming up from middle school. It will be interesting to see if the new coach can coach them up and and get back to the state championship again in the near future.

• 1 month later...