3A BlueCross Bowl: Alcoa vs. CPA

AlcoaBasketball

Next time I am on the basketball site, I'll look it up and let you know. Why don't you let those who want to discuss football, discuss football. No need to get on here and try to hijack this thread.

I won't hold my breath.  Not trying to hijack either.  Just taking the opportunity to point out that sometimes the football team is scrutinized because of what is going on with the Basketball team.   People stop accusing the football team of recruiting when facts are presented.  And those facts are usually quickly presented.  Unfortunately, for as long as the current BB coach has been there, the facts can't stop the accusations quite as easily.  It's sad what it's done to the reputation of the school. 

Do NOT concur.

CIM played a lot of seniors in the game last year. Many of the "new and improved " CPAy team have not had the hand on F5 experience.

Also too many kids playing both sides of the ball.

Lions offense is no more explosive than CAKe .....or Notre Lame for that matter.

They score no more than 17 on Alcoee and we dance just like we did back in '77!!!

Bring it home Alcoa pulling for you guys down Greeneville Way  - looks like knox webb will win so good start for the east side of the state and the Knoxville area!

I just now asked my player who Our coaches were more concerned about during this playoff run and he said definitely Notre Dame....

CPA will do ZERO ManHandling and their #7 has been well planned for .... Our Seniors are locked and loaded for their final game as an ALCOA TORNADO!!!!

SEEK SHELTER CPA and I hope ALL of our boys are well after the final whistle ....

ALCOA- 56

CPA - 14

Edited by ALCOAgoon

I know for a fact they recruit. I was personally approached by CPA "backers" to bring my son to play for them so if I was you i would just keep my mouth shut since you have no idea what you're talking about.

I think you don't understand what recruiting means... Another CPA dad or mysterious "backer" telling you to check out CPA isn't. Everyone connected to CPA knows what a great school it is and we like to share.

The legendary coach Tommy Owens from MBA sitting in my parent's house convincing me to transfer in the 9th grade, having a follow up "site visit" the next day, and saying financial aid could be available. That's recruiting. Not to disparage MBA, it was a different era in the early 80s and I have no evidence of recruiting since then...

I guess the kid that showed up from Iowa to play basketball just happen to drive by CPA and liked the school? Very few of the kids that go to CPA actually live close to the school. the best players on the team are absolutely recruited from other school districts so don't insult our intelligence by claiming CPA a private school does not recruit that's just asinine

The more of your posts that I've read, the more I'm reminded of my Intro to Pyschology class freshman year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

I just now asked my player who Our coaches were more concerned about during this playoff run and he said defiantly Noter Dame....

CPA will do ZERO ManHandling and their #7 has been well planned for .... Our Seniors are locked and loaded for their final game as an ALCOA TORNADO!!!!

SEEK SHELTER CPA and I hope ALL of our boys are well after the final whistle ....

ALCOA- 56

CPA - 14

I like your profile picture! I know Eric Powell creator of The Goon comic book. He lives in Nashville. Good to see his work even inspiring someone on a football board.

The contents and of your post, now that made me smile :)

Well, there you go. Can't provide facts, so resort to insults. Typical CPA.

I think typical CPA people would not be wasting their time on this board. You see the atypical CPA folk posting here :)

And we have been nothing but nice to Alcoa fans talking about football. The Alcoa supporters have been great also.

Both teams have had posters jump in and attack us because they have been hurt in some way. It's a little distracting at times but for the most part we are all just counting down time until tomorrow where the two best 3a teams will play their hearts out.

See you afterward in basketball. I look forward to hear how we are cheating by letting an 8th grader start on the varsity team who lived in Iowa last year.