3A BlueCross Bowl: Alcoa vs. CPA

AlcoaBasketball

I think you don't understand what recruiting means... Another CPA dad or mysterious "backer" telling you to check out CPA isn't. Everyone connected to CPA knows what a great school it is and we like to share.

The legendary coach Tommy Owens from MBA sitting in my parent's house convincing me to transfer in the 9th grade, having a follow up "site visit" the next day, and saying financial aid could be available. That's recruiting. Not to disparage MBA, it was a different era in the early 80s and I have no evidence of recruiting since then...

1.  If that is your response to UCSportsfan, you don't understand the recruiting rules.  Isn't it amazing what people will justify to support their narrative?  

2.  Did your parents report this obvious recruiting violation by Tommy Owens?  If so, what happened?  If not, why not?  Cause according to some all one has to do is report it to the governing body, the TSSAA, it is so easy.

3.  If your story is reputable, does that make you a hater of MBA?  If you do not think people have similar stories related to CPA basketball, you would be mistaken.  But according to some, if they share or choose to believe there have been violations they are haters and simply do it because they are petty, jealous people of a program that has come by their success honestly.   Another way to support the narrative they choose to believe. 

4.  Good to know there is a statute of limitations projected on these situations, seems like if it happened in the 80's in a different era not a problem or if it happened 8 years ago then not a problem.  Of course don't mention the kids or families even though it is the kids and parents of kids who are being recruited such as your personal experience.  

My oh my, when will the inconsistencies ever cease.  

I've got a question for the CPA faithful, how do those inner city kids afford the tuition to Christ Presbyterian College i mean school? What's the tuition now 16k or 18k a year?

I must say that I am very touched by your concern for my financial well being. For our family, it means two working spouses, driving 10 year old cars with 200k+ miles and no vacations. But it is worth it!

1.  If that is your response to UCSportsfan, you don't understand the recruiting rules.  Isn't it amazing what people will justify to support their narrative?  

2.  Did your parents report this obvious recruiting violation by Tommy Owens?  If so, what happened?  If not, why not?  Cause according to some all one has to do is report it to the governing body, the TSSAA, it is so easy.

3.  If your story is reputable, does that make you a hater of MBA?  If you do not think people have similar stories related to CPA basketball, you would be mistaken.  But according to some, if they share or choose to believe there have been violations they are haters and simply do it because they are petty, jealous people of a program that has come by their success honestly.   Another way to support the narrative they choose to believe. 

4.  Good to know there is a statute of limitations projected on these situations, seems like if it happened in the 80's in a different era not a problem or if it happened 8 years ago then not a problem.  Of course don't mention the kids or families even though it is the kids and parents of kids who are being recruited such as your personal experience.  

I wonder what kind of conversation they had with the kid from Iowa?  I guarantee you there was more than one flight to Des Moines to garner his services!   But CPA doesn't recruit..... no sir they would never do that, kids just magically show up there and amazingly enough they are good athletes!  What a coincidence.... :popcorneater:

Edited by UCSportsFan

I must say that I am very touched by your concern for my financial well being. For our family, it means two working spouses, driving 10 year old cars with 200k+ miles and no vacations. But it is worth it!

There are exceptions to every rule and if you make those sacrifices for your child then God bless you and carry on. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

Never apologize to the goober squaws. They are a bunch of punks that get on here and put down every organization except theirs. They make fun of teams and players on other teams all year long which is as bad as it gets for grown men. Its typical for them and their fans to pull the race card and i for one am sick of it! Nothing you said was racist so do not let them run you off. Nothing they have to say is the truth so don't apologize to these people they don't deserve it. :popcorneater:

Maybe your girls basketball team should start playing football. At least they win titles occasionally. :)

I wonder what kind of conversation they had with the kid from Iowa?  I guarantee you there was more than one flight to Des Moines to garner his services!   But CPA doesn't recruit..... no sir they would never do that, kids just magically show up there and amazingly enough they are good athletes!  What a coincidence.... :popcorneater:

No, they don't magically show up, their parents apply and enroll them at CPA. Yes, some of them are exceptional athletes.

I've watched CPA over the years and you've had plenty of them on scholarship there and you know it...

I did not know this. This would be a major TSSAA violation, and since you've watched CPA over the years, I have no choice but to believe you and trust that you are either the parent of "plenty of them" or you work in the accounting office at CPA.

I know for a fact they recruit. I was personally approached by CPA "backers" to bring my son to play for them so if I was you i would just keep my mouth shut since you have no idea what you're talking about.

I guess the kid that showed up from Iowa to play basketball just happen to drive by CPA and liked the school? Very few of the kids that go to CPA actually live close to the school. the best players on the team are absolutely recruited from other school districts so don't insult our intelligence by claiming CPA a private school does not recruit that's just asinine

You sure seem to talk in absolutes a lot about a school and community that you obviously know very little about. Using strong language doesn't make your skewed assumptions true. I'm all for free speech, but this is libel.

Edited by matt610

1. If that is your response to UCSportsfan, you don't understand the recruiting rules. Isn't it amazing what people will justify to support their narrative?

2. Did your parents report this obvious recruiting violation by Tommy Owens? If so, what happened? If not, why not? Cause according to some all one has to do is report it to the governing body, the TSSAA, it is so easy.

3. If your story is reputable, does that make you a hater of MBA? If you do not think people have similar stories related to CPA basketball, you would be mistaken. But according to some, if they share or choose to believe there have been violations they are haters and simply do it because they are petty, jealous people of a program that has come by their success honestly. Another way to support the narrative they choose to believe.

4. Good to know there is a statute of limitations projected on these situations, seems like if it happened in the 80's in a different era not a problem or if it happened 8 years ago then not a problem. Of course don't mention the kids or families even though it is the kids and parents of kids who are being recruited such as your personal experience.

Lots of words here but I'll give it a shot:

1 - Not sure I understand your point. I love what CPA has done for my kids and have told others they should check it out. I'm not recruiting with CPA's graces. I'm doing it because I believe in the school and want to share with my friends.

2 - Of course it was not reported, it was the days of disco and everyone was doing all kinds of stuff... We didn't even know it was against the rules if it even was back then.

3 - I was cheering MBA on tonight, so not a hater. Why would I be?

4 - It was a different time. Things have changed a lot in 30 years, for the better. Heck, good schools like CPA have even been created in that amount of time.

If my memory serves me correctly, lessur is the one that made the boycott statement. So why do you keep posting the same thing for the other Alcoa posters who said nothing about boycottin. Kinda makes you look silly Booger.

point made BPM and I respect lessur for doing that.....he has made the thread better because of it.......the cheap rhetoric of the other low end Goons have not done that ....as long as the others want to cheap shot everyone that opposes them; Booger will respond.....your standing on here is appreciated; but standing up for the some of the lower end Goon squad antics shocking: surprising actually.....would not have seen the support of their rhetoric coming from you.....most of the Goons are cool; but the 2 or 3 are relentless and Booger is here to play their game......Milan's lost to CPA could not have hurt so bad as to defend the cheap crap from them you see....then again we got spanked too

Booger just sayin...

Edited by Booger