MBA WINS! Is the reign of Bowers and the evil empire over?!

mustachiomenace

It has been many falls since anyone has able to beat Ricky Bowers and the other school off Highway 100 (in the post season). It’s very refreshing to see a new team (MBA) hold up the golden football. This is the best thing that could have happened to Tennessee football because Bowers was killing it by getting kids to play for him that had “academic scholarshipsâ€. Now maybe parents will look at other schools now to send their kids to play football at besides the school off Highway 100. Before everyone says well MBA and BA are doing the same thing. Ricky was (and still is) taking it to a level never seen before in the history of Tennessee football. He was actually sending football players to Nashville State to take classes because they couldn’t handle the academics at the school off Highway 100. That’s not helping anyone that’s only hurting the players because they think they can get away with anything because they play football (IE a certain former player for Vanderbilt). A school like MBA not only builds good football teams they also build great men for example every student (yes including football players) have to take Latin. I highly doubt Richardson and a certain former player for Vanderbilt were taking Latin.

I have only one concern. Will this loss make Bowers and Co recruit even harder for football players in Tennessee and forever kill what is left of what we truly love about high school football?

Time will only tell.....

Edited by mustachiomenace

With all due respect, you are full of crap.  I have no idea where you are getting this "information", but your source is not accurate.  Not gonna engage in any back and forth regarding unethical practices, but did you read the article this week's SCENE regarding the information on the MBA investigation that a court forced TSSAA to turn over to The City Paper/Scene? Nothing in there about Ensworth.  

With all due respect, you are full of crap.  I have no idea where you are getting this "information", but your source is not accurate.  Not gonna engage in any back and forth regarding unethical practices, but did you read the article this week's SCENE regarding the information on the MBA investigation that a court forced TSSAA to turn over to The City Paper/Scene? Nothing in there about Ensworth.  

Oh I'm sorry, I’m glad that Ensworth doesn't control the media in Tennessee and TSSAA (like a certain Frist Family that donated millions of dollars to start the school). So go ahead read and believe everything that comes from the paper. I rather believe what I've heard from former players under Coach Bowers at Ensworth.

The TSSAA wouldn't dare touch Ensworth because they know that if they tried to penalize them Ensworth would take them to court (like BA did) and they would be bankrupt. And if you read me correctly I said MBA has done their fair share of recruiting as well just not to the extent of Ensworth. But lastly you won't see MBA players go take classes at Nashville State because they can't pass the classes at their own school.

Maybe Tim McGraw will sing a song about Ensworth and that will change my mind because he’s not bias. Oh wait....

Edited by mustachiomenace

I am very proud of the MBA Class of 2015 and the Euverard era of MBA Football!!!

The Nashville Scene article is very disappointing to me.  Some of my surface observations were substantiated.  Frankly, it was getting out of hand and the correction was Justified. 

Character and integrity must be at the forefront, especially when the molding of young men weigh in the balance. 

Congratulations to MBA on a great season and winning the state championship! Respectfully, Menace, your post is so far out of line and incorrect it is challenging to respond to. Just a few things - before you stated that Ricky Bowers had taken it to some new level did you read the published reports that BA actually has more athletes that are receiving financial aid. Great for BA and the people that contribute their money to facilitate this. I am in favor of kids receiving financial aid and wish more had the opportunity to possibly improve their future. Nashville State? Seriously? If you have any evidence or proof of this just contact the TSSAA. That is the best way to deal with that matter rather than on a public forum. No conspiracy theory - the TSSAA is not afraid of any school even Ensworth. Parents make decisions all the time for what they believe is in the best interest of their child. If you believe that an all male environment with Latin classes is the best for your child and your family - great. Send your child to MBA. If not then don't. I am personally grateful that Nashville has many good options for schools both public and private. Calling out a young man by name on a public forum - classless. Finally - here is what I have to say about and to the Frist family - Thank you! What started with Dr. Frist, (Sr.) and others has been an immeasurable benefit to the Nashville community and countless people have been impacted by the company that they started. If the Frist family chooses to support a school then great for them and better for the kids that have their lives impacted from their contributions. Let's get back to discussing high school sports.

• Upvote 3

It has been many falls since anyone has able to beat Ricky Bowers and the other school off Highway 100 (in the post season). It’s very refreshing to see a new team (MBA) hold up the golden football. This is the best thing that could have happened to Tennessee football because Bowers was killing it by getting kids to play for him that had “academic scholarshipsâ€. Now maybe parents will look at other schools now to send their kids to play football at besides the school off Highway 100. Before everyone says well MBA and BA are doing the same thing. Ricky was (and still is) taking it to a level never seen before in the history of Tennessee football. He was actually sending football players to Nashville State to take classes because they couldn’t handle the academics at the school off Highway 100. That’s not helping anyone that’s only hurting the players because they think they can get away with anything because they play football (IE a certain former player for Vanderbilt). A school like MBA not only builds good football teams they also build great men for example every student (yes including football players) have to take Latin. I highly doubt Richardson and a certain former player for Vanderbilt were taking Latin.

I have only one concern. Will this loss make Bowers and Co recruit even harder for football players in Tennessee and forever kill what is left of what we truly love about high school football?

Time will only tell.....

This post is classless Ensworth and Bowers have done so much for the community it’s not even funny. I also think that this MBA fan should look at his own school before pointing the finger at another. MBA has a lot of scandals in the last few years. IE the teacher having sex with students, MBA coaches paying players and some reason the TSSAA did nothing about it. This MBA fan is full of crap it’s just like MBA to post something like that.

Not trying to pick a fight, but I would honestly like to know what bowers and the school are doing for the community.

I don't know what the other poster was referring to, but Ensworth has a "Service Learning" program where every student in the high school must go out to interact with the community and perform services for the community regularly during their high school career.  These services are quite varied based upon each student's talents and interest, but range from feeding the homeless to building community gardens to work with organized programs such as Habitat for Humanity and Special Olympics.  Ensworth students have performed literally thousands of hours of community service through this program since the high school started 8 years ago. 

Edited by RedRobin1