Father Ryan won the Moeller Super 8 Duals

SportsTNFan

A good result from a Tennessee school performing well out of state and the thread details into this...disappointing. Can we just stop for a minute and appreciate a good wrestling squad from Tennessee making a mark up north?

Wrsitbar I can't agree w/ you more w you anymore; I was initially excited when looking at this topic (I got wind of the results Sunday and was disappointed by the fervor generated for what I thought was an unprecedented result), now after reading the last 3 pages I wish I could get the past 5 min of my life back.

After reading through some of the Ohio boards,local chatter up there indicates they think Father Ryan got out of town getting away with murder, read such cliches as, "Moeller and Xaver arent at full strength (football), tournament down, and truth or just excuses of disgruntled populace?

WrestlingGod, look if you can't ingest the basic logic at play or that it is even stupid to introduce a hypotheical alternative for converational sake or amusement i don't know what to tell you buddy

Edited by In Hoc Signo Vinces

Congratulations to Father Ryan on their duals title at Moeller this past weekend. All the banter now makes for cheap entertainment, but means very little in the overall scheme of things. Having seen TN wrestling for only five years now, what I like seeing lately is that the stronger teams are actually wrestling each other without regard to public / private. Didn't happen five years ago.

Also, while December matches may be tune ups for many, they are certainly significant to these boys wrestling in them. This is a pure, difficult and demanding sport. It demands respect for EVERY match, including those in December. Football, injury, weight control, wrestling up, whatever. Credit due for every score on the board. Period.

I will say this.....every high school wrestling fan should get to Cleveland for Saturday's Duals. What a lineup.

And as for rankings, they are fun to handicap. But if early performance is any indicator, the lower half of Father Ryan's lineup paired with the upper half of Baylor's.......now THAT'S a murderers row.

Best of luck to all teams Saturday...

Lot's of chirping on the Ohio boards as to how Father Ryan sneaked into Cincinnati and won the Moeller Super 8 Duals while the Ohio teams were missing most of their football players.  One post went so far as to say the Irish not only sneaked into town but escaped under the cover of darkness.  Do they not understand that the state of Tennessee plays high school football?  While this was a great victory for Tennessee wrestling it's easy to see that the remaining schedule for FR will only get more difficult as the regular season progresses with the Cleveland Duals, Bradley Invitational, PowerAde in Pittsburgh, PA and concluding with the Ryan Invitational.

Edited by cbg

Lot's of chirping on the Ohio boards as to how Father Ryan sneaked into Cincinnati and won the Moeller Super 8 Duals while the Ohio teams were missing most of their football players.  One post went so far as to say the Irish not only sneaked into town but escaped under the cover of darkness.  Do they not understand that the state of Tennessee plays high school football?  

Great win for Ryan - way to rep Tennessee!!  I am not sticking up for the whiners in Ohio, but I do know that Moeller played its last football game on November 29 (a loss in the state semis), over three weeks after Ryan last played (November 7), and a mere week prior to the Super 8 Duals.  

Moeller was aa number one ranked school last season, has ended the season #2 three times and in the top ten 15 times in the past 30 years, but does have a new coach this season.

Kudos to Ryan for showing Ohio what's up!

Moeller is ranked #9 this season and Elyria is #5 in Ohio AAA.

Great win for Ryan - way to rep Tennessee!!  I am not sticking up for the whiners in Ohio, but I do know that Moeller played its last football game on November 29 (a loss in the state semis), over three weeks after Ryan last played (November 7), and a mere week prior to the Super 8 Duals.  

Yea lucky for Ryan they can always count on their football team to lose before wrestling season starts.